Chapter 9

"Wait, you can't leave!", someone shouted. 

Fang Bai didn't wait for Ji Yuning's response and immediately turned her attention towards the so-called victim.

"The matter of her stealing my things has not been resolved. How can she leave so easily?" He Ziyan continued.

Fang Bai cast a sidelong glance at Mrs. He and noticed her embarrassed expression, but she made no effort to stop her daughter. 

"It seemed that Zhu Ping didn't take my words seriously when I entered the room."

Qu Zheng who's dressed formally with square glasses, was the person called by the students at the first moment of the incident spoke up, "Miss Fang, I have already asked the students to check the surveillance. Why don't we wait a little while?".

Fang Bai nodded, then turned to sit on the sofa. 

She looked at Mrs. He and said, "Zhu Ping, my time is precious."

Zhu Ping's expression stiffened briefly, but she still remained silent.

Fang Bai then turned her attention to Ji Yuning and whispered, "Xiao Ning, come over here."

He Wei, who had been standing protectively behind Ji Yuning, whispered to her not to be afraid and patted her shoulder, signaling for her to approach Fang Bai.

As Fang Bai sat down, Qu Zheng gestured for Zhu Ping to take a seat on the sofa opposite her. 

The room fell silent for a moment.

Ji Yuning, ignoring the provocation in He Ziyan's eyes, stood calmly next to the sofa.

Suddenly, she felt her clothes being tugged, and looked down to see two slender fingers twisting the fabric.

Then a soft voice came into her ears, "Is the thing I gave you in the dorm?"

"I followed the voice and saw Fang Bai looking up at me with her round eyes, blinking her eyelashes and showing a playful expression."

"Her slender and fair neck matched the black swan pendant hanging on her collarbone."

"Although Fang Bai did not specify what the thing was, I knew that it was the bag that was delivered to me that day."

She lowered her gaze from Fang Bai's body and whispered, "Hmm."

Fang Bai then asked, "Where did you put it?"

"In the storage cabinet," Ji Yuning paused, "I locked it."

"I see. So where's the key?"

Ji Yuning, who had changed out of her performance clothes and into her school uniform, put her hands in her pockets and retrieved a small key.

"Knock, knock, knock."

The sound of knocking on the door echoed throughout the room.

As Zhou Xuan entered the room, he's attention was immediately drawn to Fang Bai, but then his gaze shifted to Ji Yuning standing beside her.

"So, her child was Ji Yuning?"

Walking behind Zhou Xuan, the person leading him approached Qu Zheng and reported, "Director Qu, we checked the surveillance footage. Since there's no camera in the changing room where He Ziyan lost her phone, it's unclear who stole it."

Qu Zheng frowned and asked, "Who entered the changing room before and after He Ziyan lost her phone?"

Zhou Xuan showed Qu Zheng the surveillance footage on his phone and replied, "Only... Ji Yuning went in."