004. compromising positions

"I'm just waiting on a few last minute details. Let's go ahead and get started." Hotch says as they sit on the jet.

"I keep bumping on the fact that he makes a married couple have sex before he kills them." Rossi says. "What is he accomplishing with that?"

"You know, the stabbing of the wives is almost certainly piqueristic. The unsub gets sexual gratification from penetration with a knife. Most piquerists are impotent -- men like Albert Fish, Iain Scoular, Andrei Chikatilo -- so for him, it could be s substitute for sex." Spencer says.

"The unsub could also be playing a mind game. Neither shot to the husband is clean, so they have to watch what he's doing to their wives as they're dying." Emily says.

"So this guy challenges their manhood by forcing them to have sex, and then mocks them with the overkill. That kind of psychological torture makes him a sexual sadist." Derek says.

"It would explain the amount of control. He exhibits over the crime scene -- the handcuffs, the condoms, the silenced weapon. He plans out every detail." Spencer says.

"If he's that precise, he would be just as precise in his victimology." Rossi says. "But he's all over the map in terms of class and race."

"Well, there must be something else about the couples that attracts him." Emily says. "Something that he couldn't learn by stalking them anonymously. Maybe the couples met the unsub before."

"Rossi, Reid, Banks, will you handle the family interviews? Morgan and Prentiss, go to the latest crime scene. We need to learn as much as we can about him, so let's really pin down the M.O." Hotch says.

They hear the door shut and all turn to find Penelope walk in. Madelyn's eyes widen at the woman's appearance, the redhead wearing a gray dress and black blazer and she isn't wearing her glasses.

"Well, look at you, look at you." Derek comments. Madelyn wolf whistles.

"Do you do that to everybody?" Spencer asks. "I don't think you've ever done that to me."

"Well, you always wear the same clothes. Besides I get to kiss you. That's far better." She mutters making his face go tomato red.

"Meet your new communications liaison." Penelope smiles. "Trial communications liaison." She corrects.

"Garcia, I don't get to say this often, but I had no idea there was this side of you." Rossi says.

"Well, I figure since I'm going to have to interact with the mass populace, I should dress in the traditional costume of a mere mortal." Penelope says. "Ow. Ow."

"What's wrong?" Derek asks.

"Oh, it's my contact." She says. "It keeps getting weird and... huh." She tries not to touch her eye as she messes with it. "There it goes." She closes her eyes for a few second and then opens them. "No. Yes. No. Ow."

+++

"Detective Crowley?" Penelope asks as they get to the station.

"Miss Garcia." He greets.

"Hi." She shakes his hand.

"Thanks for coming."

"Yeah."

"And she emailed pictures of you guys. Agents Hotchner, Rossi, Banks, and Dr. Reid, right? It's doctor, not agent. She was specific about that." Crowley says.

"What else was she specific about?" Rossi asks.

"Everything your team needed. I sent her a list of family members who'd be willing to talk, and your boards are over there. All ready for you to set them up. I even got the push pins you asked for."