October 21st. 1983

Y/Ns POV: I'm staring at the clock during last hour watching the clock-hand slowly change on the clock. I'm planning on asking robin to hangout on Sunday and give her my number. The sound of Mrs click talking with her old voice sounds like nails on a chalkboard, I want to claw my ears off with my bare hands. History sucks!!! My mind drifts off while staring at the clock. I start thinking about what me and robin will do on Sunday, we'll that's if she accepts. Suddenly I hear a loud bang infront of me. "Y/N! Are you listening??" Mrs click says right after she hits her hand as hard as she can on my desk "Yea. Yea." I shake my head. "Then stop staring at the clock and keep your eyes on the board. I know it's Friday and you wanna go home but this is way more important than whatever you have going on." She says in an annoyed tone. I want to say something petty like my grandma died and her funeral is this weekend out of spite but I don't. Finally the bell rings and I'm the first one to go running out. I catch up to robin outside who is getting her bike from the rack "hey robin!!" I say with a stupidly high voice. "Hey y/n." She says "robin, I was wondering you would like to hangout on Sunday?" I say giving her a folded up piece of paper with my number on it. "Yea, totally!" She says with a smile looking way happier then she did a few second ago.

Robins pov: y/n asked to hangout on Sunday and gave me a piece of paper with her number on it. I'm internally screaming!! But my excitement is cut short once I see a few jocks in their car yelling stupid shit at a freshmen who's walking alone. "Are you gay? F@g??" One jock says with the rest of them laughing in the back with their stupid high pitch laugh. They continue one by one saying cruel insults to the poor freshman. I want to get off my bike and run up to them and yell at them and flip them the bird. But for some reason my legs won't move for me to get off, they just keep pedaling. After a while they leave the kid alone. I'm scared that might happen to me one day but I don't know why. I'm not gay. Well at least I don't think I am. My mind finally goes back to my plans with y/n and I'm at peace again.

Authors note: I made a Spotify playlist for this fic!! Yes ik it's not accurate to the 80s, but that's not the point.

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/1OWr8ydM9xaKX63XSGc6Zd?si=uiEEVUypS4W0WJVprkQyqwa