September 18, 1983

I wake up to hear my mom yelling about something but i cant quite make up what she's saying. I give my self a second to wake up. I realizes she's complaing to dad about the "hippies" that live in our neighborhood. I didn't know there were hippies in this neighborhood. I get up brushing off what mom said looking for my jeans in my closet. i grab my shirt and converse.  I brush my teeth and hair. my mom looks at me weird saying "all this on  a Sunday"  I grab my bike and go to Robins house. I get to her house and go to the door I knock. I can hear Fleetwood mac playing through the walls. robin opens the door "come in . ill get you the book." I walk in slowly behind her and peek into her living room there people who I assume are her parents are dancing to Fleetwood mac and have sage burning. "I see what my mom meant by hippies." I mumble so no one can hear me. I walk into robins room slowly. she has language tapes on the floor and an off brand Walkman.  she has a Polariod sitting on her desk its an older model but it looks like it works. I notice a notebook that says "Opération Crossiant" I smile saying "Opération Crossiant" in a French accent. robin turns back facing me with shock expression on her face she grabs the notebook of the desk "Don't read that!'  "c'est quoi opération croissant?" robin ignores me. shuffling throughs some boxes "here." "with the English and Italian side by side." "yup." i grab the book out her hand and walk out here house. grabbing my bike I ride home. I put my bike down and walk inside. I can hear mom and dad argueing. i go to my room grabbing my Walkman and Stevie nicks cassette and read.