9- Project : romantic

The next morning, Neteyam was the last one still asleep as all his family was already awake. He had stayed awake late at night, with Harmony, so it was no surprise he needed more sleep now. 

The fight between his father and Lo'ak was no longer an issue, his younger brother had given up to his father's scolding, promising he would be less reckless. That, of course, was not going to happen. 

Meanwhile, her mother and kiri were preparing some food for breakfast. It was mostly fruits. His father was sharpening some blades, and Tuk was incredibly bored. That's when she decided it would be fun to annoy her older brother. 

She sneaked in his room, silently, and approached near him. She poked his cheek, trying to wake him up. 

-"Teyam..." she said, softly at first. 

Seeing it wasn't going to work, she shook him to wake him up. 

-"What the- Tuk ?" 

-"Hi Neteyam !" she said happily, a wide smile on her face.

-"What's up ? Everyone is still sleeping and you had no one to play with ?" he asked her, patting her head. 

-"Actually, everyone is awake. I was bored because they're all busy ! So I figured out you would enjoy my company." 

-"Really ? How late is it ?" he said, getting up. 

They both walked toward the room where his family was. Neteyam saw his dad being busy sharpening some weapons, and the thoughts he had had yesterday when coming back home came back to his mind. He was wondering whether he should ask his day about advice on how to act like a couple, for human. That was maybe silly, but peace kind of depended on the relation he could have with that human girl. So did he really have a choice ? 

-"Wait a bit Tuk, I'll just go talk to dad for a bit." he said, making his little sister pout. 

-"Sir" he said as he approached, to get his father's attention. "Can we talk?" 

-"Of course." Jake said, stopping what he was doing to focus on his son. "What is it boy ?" 

Feeling a bit embarrassed, especially since his whole family was there, Neteyam asked his father if they could go somewhere else, and they walked off their home. Neteyam was already embarrassed enough to talk about that with his father, but it was for peace. 

-"So, what is it about, son?" 

-"I was wondering, how did you make mom for you ? I mean, how do humans do that ?" he said, clumsy with his words. 

Jake had not expected this, but his son was old enough to fall in love by now. Maybe he truly liked the girl. 

-"So you like her ?" he asked, a small smile on his face. 

-"Yes." Neteyeam lied. And it made him feel weird. He was not used to lie, Na'vi didn't even have a word for that. But here again, it was for peace. If he were to act, then no one could know except Harmony. 

His father felt relieved. He had been afraid to force his son into mating with somebody he wouldn't like, let alone a human. Now, he knew the girl was good enough for him. 

-"Well, humans and Na'vi have a different perception of love, but both fall in love the same." his father started, while Neteyam looked at him, clueless. "You shouldn't worry too much about how you show your love, just be yourself boy."

-"Okay.." he felt more embarrassed than ever. "And what if she doesn't like it ?" 

-"Look, your mother fell in love with me. And I fell for your mother. The specie you are don't matter as long as you truly love her."