𝘰𝘳𝘪𝘨𝘪𝘯𝘢𝘭 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳... 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗿𝗲𝘁𝘂𝗿𝗻

Start from the beginning

the three girls reluctantly ate their piece of seaweed that alexa had given them before they made their way to the secluded part of the beach where they would set off from to the atlantica kingdom.

"if the seaweed that we just ate enables us to breath underwater, what else is there?" emma questioned curiously.

"you all know that each member of my family are gifted with a set of powers. as for other underwater mermaid kingdoms, they're different. i know of an underwater kingdom off the shore of malibu called oceana where the queen has the power to create merillia which is the life force of the sea." alexa explained.

"that's amazing." cleo stated in awe.

"all of the powers that every member of mermaid royalty combined enable us to remain in peace. every mermaid kingdom serves its function towards a better and brighter future for all mermaids." alexa continued.

"if only that was the same in the human world. many families remain at odds with one another and hold so much pride that they refuse to realise their wrongs and just make up for their actions." emma spoke up.

rikki shrugged her shoulders, "it's just life." she pointed out, it may had not been what anyone wanted to hear but deep down, all the girls knew that rikki's words were the truth.

"rikki's right. there's only certain things that are in our control and what we can do is go to my father and tell him all about dr denman so he can inform the rest of the mermaid kingdoms so that the mermaid secret will remain safe." alexa said.

soon enough, the girls arrived at the secluded part of the beach where the palm trees were tall enough to hide them from prying eyes. alexa walked towards the ocean to dip her feet in before she took off her 'a' rose heart-shaped locket before she passed the necklace to emma who clasped the locket around her neck. she dove underwater where a burst of bubbles surrounded her as her human legs were replaced with her mermaid tail.

cleo, rikki and emma followed shortly behind alexa as they dove into the pool and within seconds, their human legs vanished and in their place was their bright orange mermaid tail. the four girls shared a bright smile with one another before they used their mermaid speed to swim in the direction of atlantica kingdom, where alexa grew up.

 as the four girls were swimming to the atlantica kingdom in their mermaid forms, alexa told the three girls, "when we arrive, don't forget to bow to my family. they may be mermaids like us but they're still royalty." which earned nods of agreement from the three girls.

rikki groaned, "i thought we didn't have to do that."

emma spoke up, "alexa's family are royalty. the least we can do is be respectful of their traditions and bow to alexa's family." she turned to face the chadwick, "that means no sarcastic comments, rikki."

rikki yelled in offence, "hey!" she turned to face the rooney, "i can't make sarcastic comments?" she asked the brunette for confirmation.

alexa nodded her head and sent an apologetic smile to the chadwick, "well we are all royals at the end of the day and my sisters are all different from one another. i'm positively sure that you will get on with my sister, andrina. like you, rikki, she is incredibly sassy and sarcastic. like you, she doesn't care what others think but she is still a loving and caring person to her loved ones. so, just be careful with what you say to them." which earned an understanding nod of the head from rikki.

"is there anything else we need to know when we meet your family, lex?" cleo questioned the brunette.

"no." alexa answered, "but we will have to inform my family about dr denman's activities in scouring the oceans for anything she could use to conduct further experiments on."