If possible, I could gaze at him all day. My heart flutter just thinking about it. Not that I'm going to do it.

That's when something caught my eyes, and my heart made a loud thump. Two partially hidden cresent moons peeked at me from behind his shirt's collar.

Hearing my heart race, Jasper looked up.

"Nyra?" His voice sounds seductive, even though he said it normally, but I never loved my name this much after coming out of his mouth, twisted with slight southern accent.

My heart thumped again. And again. And again. So hard, that it started to hurt.

I was scared.

"Nyra!" His voice sounded genuinely concerned. But I was too busy in trying to control my breathing. When he touched my shoulder, I flinched hard and stood up.

All eyes turned towards me as I stumbled on my feet, wide ocher eyes stared at me alarmed.

"I-I'm not feeling well..." My voice came out almost a whisper. I truly felt sick.

"Do you want go to the infirmary?" Someone else asked, though I didn't tum to look at them as I already know who it was. My eyes were stuck at the bite mark on Jasper's neck.

"Yes please." I nodded faintly.

Jasper suddenly realised where I was staring at in horror, and was quick to cover his mark which he probably got in the battle after turning into a vampire. He shifted so I could go out and I practically bolted out of my seat, all the while staggering to be on my feet.

My knees felt weak so I kept a hand on the wall as I dragged myself towards the direction of the nurse. I was feeling hot so I pulled my sweater over my head, and threw it on the ground. Not caring about it at all.

I almost gave in to the temptation to lean in towards Jasper. But, I know he was not to blame. Jasper was a vampire, a predator. Everything about him is supposed to lure the prey in. And I almost became one.

That scared me. Jasper was still unstable. And an image of my dead body flashed before my eyes, with that same mark on my neck, but bloody.

To my surprise, my ears picked up the sound of conversation through all the ringing in my ears. I almost didn't believe it till I saw Mike, Edward and a sick looking Bella sitting on the ground.

Must be that blood type chapter, where Bella fainted at the sight of Mike's blood. That was today...? Time flies fast for sure.

I paused to watch from the other end of the hallway, and then, Bella was in Edward's arm before he walked away, leaving a fuming Mike behind. I decided to approach him, to use him as a support since I too was feeling quite unwell myself.

Before I could even take a step forward, a voice stopped me.

"Nyra? Are you okay?"

No... No no no no no!

Mike looked up at the same time I turned my head around, our eyes met for a brief second before golden eyes entered my view. My head swirled uncomfortably at the motion.

Jasper had my sweater in his hand, while he walked towards me cautiously. As if, I was a small animal who easily gets scared. I unconsciously stepped back, and forced myself to stop when I noticed Mike coming my way from the corner of my eyes. Mike had a fresh puncture wound on his finger.

And I was in no mood to witness a murder. Not even diving to the fact that I could die too.

So, without much thought, I crashed myself into Jasper. Pushing him away with everything I could. Thankfully, he did stumbled back, though I quickly humbled myself that it wasn't because of how strong I was.