Chapter 52: Heated Words & Cryptic Meanings

"Don't you need to get back home?" I asked Auric while brushing my teeth. My hair was still damp from my shower, and little droplets were falling onto my counter.

Looking through the mirror at the curtained shower behind me, Auric replied back that, technically, yes he'd be needing to leave soon. "I stayed a little longer than I expected to," he says with a tone.

I smirked, toothbrush working away, and muttered back that I didn't hear him complaining earlier. The Were Jerk grumbled under his breath then shot back that I took advantage of his hormones. I scoffed, leaning to spit into the sink then turned to face the shower.

"Excuse you, Were Jerk! I did no such thing!" I glared at the curtain. "And you had every opportunity to turn me down!"

The shower turned off and Auric pulled back the curtain, lowering an eyebrow. I didn't hide my appreciation of him, leaning back against the sink and crossing my arms. "That shower looks so pretty," I teased, biting the corner of my lip.

Auric narrowed his eyes, sneering that I was funny and then asking for a towel. I glanced at the only towel that I brought in with me then back to Auric. I replied that I only had one. He opted for using mine anyway and I sighed, straightened and threw the towel over my head, peering underneath it at the Werewolf narrowing his eyes at me.

"You're just going to have to drip dry," I told him, raising my eyebrows and started out the door.

"Thea!" Auric growled.

"Sorry! Can't hear you!" I sang on my way back into my room.

While the werewolf was grumbling in the bathroom, I searched my duffel for a t-shirt and some jeans. My nose scrunched, grunting as I was jumping up and down a little to get them over my hips and butt. Once they were fastened and zipped, I looked over my shoulder at Auric at the doorway. He leaned against the doorframe with his pants hanging off his lean hips. His arms were crossed over his still wet chest. Auric lifted an eyebrow while nodding that my little dance was adorable.

I frowned—applauding myself for ignoring how good he looked—that I wasn't dancing, that I was struggling. "There's a difference, Were Jerk!"

Sitting on my bed after stripping off the sheets and leaving them in a pile by the closet, I pulled on my sneakers. Auric strolled into the room, then intentionally shook his head, little droplets of water hitting me.

"Auric!" I shouted. "Stop it!"

Sure, I laughed, but he was being a total brat. Auric sneers playfully, snatching my towel from beside me and dries off his hair.

While doing this, Auric says he was going to need to get going soon. That as much as he'd like to stick around for breakfast, Jonah could only cover for him for so long. "Plus," Auric adds with a raised eyebrow. "I need new clothes. Going commando might be normal for Werewolves, but it's still uncomfortable."

My eyebrows rose as I glanced at his sweats and mentioned that I didn't realize he didn't have any underwear on.

Auric smirked, walking over to sit beside me so he could start putting on his shoes. He scoffed a chuckle. "How could you when you were so determined to get my pants off?"

I blushed, tucking my hair behind my ear. My nose scrunched, remembering how eager I was to touch Auric. I was in a haze, not enough that I didn't know what I was doing, but enough that I felt like someone entirely different at that moment.

Don't get me wrong... I don't regret what happened. Not a bit. It was absolutely amazing and I would love to experience it again sometime soon. I'd say right now but I really didn't want to be late for school and face my aunt's wrath.