Chapter 11

Chapter 11: WangXian

Wei Wuxian sat down on the ground beside Lan Wangji's grave.

He had a small smile on his face as he kept on rambling on and on about many things.

He went from A-Yuan liking rabbits and riding a donkey, him pranking fellow Jiang Sect members, maiden giving him free food, to Jiang Yanli's bethrotal.

"Lan Zhan, you didn't even know how annoying that peacock is! I don't really get why Shijie fell for him, tsk!"

Often he would imagine Lan Wangji is there, right there in front of him, staring with a small genuine smile on his face.

Every time he visits, he talks like there's no tomorrow.

Wei Wuxian wanted to share to Lan Wangji everything that happened to him. Even if the man had already parted, he still wanted him to be part of his life.

It had been exactly four hours since he began talking. Now it is currently way past seven in the evening and he still has so much to tell.

Shijie will get worried...

"Lan Zhan, it's already night so I wanted to ask you something before I leave."

Wei Wuxian unwrapped the black cloth on a long rectangular object that reveals a familiar nine stringed instrument.

"Lan Zhan listen..." He whispered, strumming the strings with his long caloused fingers.

'What is the name of the song you sang to me when we were trapped in the Xuanwu Cave?'

Wei Wuxian waited for a few seconds before the string strummed on its own.

The answer was spoken with each chord played.

'Wangxian'

Wei Wuxian's lips curved into a big smile when he received the response.

Wangxian...

A name coming from our respective courtesy names...

"Lan Zhan you're so creative! I love it!"

-

"Wei Wuxian! What do you think you're doing?! You almost ruined my daughter's marriage! I knew it was not wise to bring you along to Jinlintai!"

Wei Wuxian felt a sharp pain on his back as he heard the women spit out spiteful words at him.

He could not help it!

It is that arrogant peacock's fault for hurting Shijie...

"It's all your fault that Madam Jin is became hesitant on this marriage!" Madam Yu swung Zidian a couple more times on his back.

With each land of the weapon, wounds form and blood threatened to spill out until it finally slid down his pale scarred back.

"You really are a troubke maker! I don't even understand why Fengmian is still keeping you! A son of a servant like you should know their place!"

With one last hit, Madam Yu stopped and left the dark room.

Wei Wuxian, who was half naked the whole time, took his discarded robes and wore them.

Thankfully, his clothes bore dark colors and it's Hai time. Therefore no one would suspect anything.

As long as Shijie doesn't cry...I will do anything...

Wei Wuxian immediately went to his room and locked himself. He sat down on his soft bed as he stared at the Guqin on the table.

He inched towards the instrument and began to play his favorite song. He smiled upon hearing the familiar sound of the strings being plucked.

It reminded Wei Wuxian of Lan Wangji.

A memory popped in his head.

Lan Wangji was situated quite a distance from him and by the fire. For two days, they have to wait for the Yunmeng Jiang Sect to arrive.

"Rest" Lan Wangji said to him.

"Are you serious? I just woke up and you're telling me to rest. Do you really hate seeing the awake version of me so much?" Wei Wuxian curled up into a shrimp.

Lan Wangji calmly replied, "You are thinking too much."

Wei Wuxian's smile grew. He realized just how stupid he must have been in front of the Second Young Master Lan.

Lan Wangji does not hate him at all!

A similar scene appeared in his head. However this time, they had a different conversation.

Wei Wuxian covered his ears, "I'm sick. I'm feverish, Second Brother Lan, can't you say something nicer? And make poor, poor me feel better?"

Lan Wangji did not respond. He knew what is to come and he just waited for the noisy man to ask him.

"You don't know what to say? Fine, I should've known. Then, if you don't know what to say, can you sing? How about you sing a song?"

Lan Wangji's lips curled up into a very small smile before beginning to sing the song he personally made.

Wei Wuxian closed his eyes, turned around, and spread his limbs. "It sounds nice. What's it called?"

"I swear I could've heard his answer if I wasn't so feverish and sleepy that time." Wei Wuxian muttered after finishing the song.

Lan Zhan, I play your song as I carry our cherished memories...

-

:(