Chapter 2

Chapter 2: Bichen

A month later.

"Jiang Cheng I'm tired!" Wei Wuxian groaned, throwing himself onto the bed and hug his pillow.

Jiang Cheng scoffed and drank the water fron the table. His forehead glistened with sweat from all the training he did.

"If you didn't prank the juniors, you wouldn't have been chased by them." He lightly chuckled. "One of them almost got their hair burned."

"Aiyah! You should have joined the fun!" Wei Wuxian prompted his head up and smirked at his brother.

The man was about to retort when Jiang Yanli called them to eat their lunch.

Wei Wuxian suddenly darted his eyes towards the sword and sadly smiled at it. "Lan Zhan, I really do hope you had your rest peacefully."

"Staring at Lan Wangji's sword again?" Jiang Cheng raised his brows. "Whatever. Just don't miss lunch."

He left Wei Wuxian alone who slowly went towards the sheathed object and touched the hilt.

It was cold. Like it's master.

Wei Wuxian smiled bitterly. He could sstill remember the bloodstains that lingered in his hands for so long.

The blood that belonged to Lan Wangji.

He regretted listening to Lan Wangji. No. He regretted not helping him. He regretted not siding with him.

Maybe...just maybe...he was able to help...he could still save his friend.

"I think I'm going crazy Lan-Er Gege."

Wei Wuxian brought the sword to his lap. Examining the curves and the designated characters written as 'Bichen'.

When he tried opening it, all memories of Lan Wangji were passed to his mind like a movie.

In both past life, and the present life.

He saw how he and Lan Wangji fought over the Cloud Recesses rooftops, he saw how lotus pier got massacred, he saw himself using demonic cultivation. Everything!

From how he and Lan Wangji met, to the scene where he died a horrible death followed by Lan Wangji who committed suicide afterwards.

From Lan Wangji who turned fifteen once again, to the memory of dying by the hands of Wei Wuxian himself.

-

Indeed Lan Wangji tried to recreate the scene.

He had spoken the same words he uttered during the time he caught Wei Wuxian sneaked Emperor's Smile in Cloud Recesses.

The time when Wei Wuxian borrowed the same porn book from Huaisang and disguised to as a poetry book, Lan Wangji was not fazed. Instead, he ignored the book and took a different one.

The time Lan Wangji decided to work all by himself in order to prevent Wei Wuxian from suffering.

He managed to save Lotus Pier but failed to save his own home.

Just like before, he and Wei Wuxian are once again trapped inside the cave with a thousand year old tortoise.

Lan Wangji knew Wei Wuxian's desire of saving the remaining Wens. Thus he helped him with the best of his abilities.

During the time when the Lotus Pier was attacked, Lan Wangji fought against the Wens in the shadows. Managing to kill hundreds of Wen cultivators including Wen Chao and Wen Zhuliu.

At that time, he also lost his core.

With the lack of a golden core, he followed the past Wei Wuxian's path to a single planked bridge.

Then he resorted to dirty work. Leaving his own clan behind to investigate more about the weird events.

When he found out the truth, he decided to kill Jin Guangshan, Jin Guangyao, as well as Jin Jixun before killing himself.

Yes, he already planned to kill himself long ago.

Lan Wangji just doesn't have the right time.

-

:(