Chapter 9

Chapter 9: A-Yuan

"A-Yuan!" Wei Wuxian caught the said child and carried him. The young boy was smiling, showing the rows of his front teeth.

Wei Wuxian wished Lan Wangji would be able to see this cute little bean.

"How's our little radish huh?" The older one did not waste anytime to tickle the child which earned him a cute fits of laughter.

"Wei-gongzi!"

"Wen Ning!" Wei Wuxian waved at the newcomer that wore a bright smile that vibes the same level as the beautiful sunshine in his arms.

Wei Wuxian adjusted Wen Yuan in his arms and said, "Nice place you got there! Wait...Is that a salmon?"

"Hm!" Wen Ning nodded enthusiastically.

The Yunmeng Jiang cultivator laughed and patted his shoulder. "Good! Good! You have something to feed me later!"

-

"Qing-jie! I know you missed me, don't deny it!" Wei Wuxian childishly ran towards the female and wrapped his long arms around her shoulders.

Wen Qing's face contorted as she tried to push the man away from her. A small curve on her lips didn't go unnoticed.

"Ah!" Alas, the young man let go and rubbed his upper arm with a pout. "Qing-jie!"

In her fingers is a single needle in which its tip glistened that sent shivers down to his spine.

"That's what you get for messing with my work!" Laid in front of her is a mat with chopped fishes lined in a row.

Wei Wuxian grinned sheepishly, earning a sigh in return.

"Aiyah don't be cruel. I travelled a long way to visit everyone. I'm very tired..." In Wei Wuxian's pitiful gaze, she knew he won't stop pestering her.

"Then go to the cottage and rest. A-Ning!" Instantly, Wen Qionglin is standing right next to her sitting form.

"Take him to your room."

"Ah! Ah! Is this how you're going to treat me after not seeing each other for months?!" Wei Wuxian uttered in disbelief.

"Nevermind. Drag him away from me instead."

"W-Wait!"

-

"A-Yuan! You're my only ally in this place." The child had a sympathetic look on his features.

He is sad because his handsome-gege is sad!

"It's okay." Wen Yuan patted Wei Wuxian's head with a smile.

He is confused.

He couldn't understand this gege at all!

One minute he was sad, now he is laughing.

Wei Wuxian hugged the boy tightly. "A-Yuan did you miss me? Huh? Say you miss me!"

Despite being baffled at the mood swings, Wen Yuan nodded histerically. "Hm! I miss handsome-gege!"

"I knew it! You missed me! Now let's go ride a horse!"

The next thing they knew is that the two were already approaching the familiar four legged animal.

"A-Yuan this is Lil' Apple. He's our ride."

The donkey huffed, rolling his eyes on the duo that invaded its personal space.

"That's not a horse." Wen Yuan pointed out, eyes staring right at those long ears.

Look Lan Zhan, our little A-Yuan is all grown up!

Surprisingly, Wen Yuan found himself sitting on the donkey. Wei Wuxian was thankful enough that it decided to behave.

After a long walk along the beach and a few child-like laughters on both of them, they decided to rest.

Sitting in a lotus position on the sand.

"Gege," Wen Yuan tiredly called, leaning his small head against his chest.

Wei Wuxian did not responded. He waited for the latter to continue his sentence while he watched the sun go down.

"I miss rich gege."

He stiffened at the statement.

A-Yuan...

"When will he come back?"

His eyes began to prick with tears as he listened to the four year old kid.

I don't know...

"It's been so long since I saw him."

This time, his tears once again fell down like waterfall. He is quiet and Wen Yuan never suspected anything.

"I wanna see him..." Wen Yuan's body finally gave in to sleep.

The older male noticed this but he did not budge. He silently weep in longing at the thought of Lan Wangji.

He gulped down his saliva and responded after quite a while, "I miss him too A-Yuan."

Will I ever see you again, Lan Zhan?

-

:)