He Should Keep In Mind

Allison Moreau had a strong slap

I stared at the spot that she had been previously standing. I couldn't even feel my face after her hit. The slap had me so out of it, I didn't even realize that I was being slammed up against the wall, until I felt a sharp pain in my back.

I looked at the face in front of me, and was surprised when I saw Jesse.

"Jesse...what?"

"What the hell man!?" He yelled.

I glanced behind him, and saw the rest of them, Bombay and Ms McKay looking at me. I turned my attention back to Jesse when he pushed my further into the wall.

"What the hell is wrong with you!?"

"Jesse-"

"Bring up Peter was low. But saying that!?"

I had never seen Jesse so mad before. I couldn't bring myself to say anything. What was I supposed to say?

"Look, I didn't mean it—"

Jesse scoffed, glaring at me. "Cause that makes it so much better!"

"Just get off me, man!"

Jesse shook his head at me, but let go. "Fine. You want to ruin everything? Go ahead. But don't come crying to me like you always do when she won't even look at you."

He gave me another shove, before storming off. I stared after him, looked around at the team before walking out.

{}~{}~{}~{}

Allison Moreau seemed happy.

Today was the championship game, and I was extremely nervous, when Allison burst into the locker room with excitement written all over her face.

"Coach!" She exclaimed. "I woke up, and the pain was gone."

To prove this, she rotated her wrist around. We all smiled and cheered for her, but Coach's smile dropped.

"Allison, I'm sorry, but we already have a full roster."

Allison's face dropped. I watched Russ go to take his jersey off, but Charlie stopped him.

"She can have my spot. It's what I can do for the team."

Bombay smiled at him, patting him in the shoulder as he said, "Charlie, I need you on the bench right beside me coaching."

Allison still let me tie her skates.

She shuffled up to me, softly asking if I could tie her skates, so I did.

"I'm sorry." I mumbled.

"I know." She mumbled. "And I forgive you."

I could have cried. I didn't expect her to forgive me at all, let alone this easily. I stood up with a smile, and pulled her to her feet.