The Story Starts When It Was Hot And It Was Summer

Do you know how hard it is to watch your best friend fall for someone else?

If you don't, let me explain the feeling to you.

So imagine a feeling of sadness, mixed with jealousy, a sprinkle of anger and a ton of overthinking. You'll eventually begin to let your jealousy get in the way. I mean, you've always loved them as your best friend, but never expected to be in love with them. Except now, you're forced to watch them be happy and smiley with someone that's not you. You want them to look at you at all times, or at least notice you. But they have become so caught up in someone else, that they slowly forget about you.

Overall, it's just a gut wrenching feeling.

Now imagine a box, and imagine shoving the sadness, jealousy, anger and overthinking into the box. Then imagine taking the box, taping it shut multiple times, taking it down to your basement and then shoving it away to try to forget about it.

But you can't forget about it. Because every time you see her, the feelings from the box come back, and the feelings are slowly coming out of the box, but they can't, because it would ruin everything.

I hope none of you guys relate, because it sucks.

It sucks that every time you look at them, they're with the other person. You have to watch the other person get to be in the position you want to be in. You have to pretend that you're not in love with them. And you have to remain nice and happy for them.

Now matter how much it hurts you.

{}~{}~{}~{}

Allison Moreau was getting better.

It had been two years since Peter's passing, and she slowly but surely was getting better.

I tried not to rush her, because I knew how hard this was on her. She slowly started to hang out with us again, which I was glad for. But at the same time, it was hard to watch her and Adam hang out. It got under my skin in more ways than you could imagine. Especially because Adam would always give me a smug look whenever Allison picked to hang out with him instead of me.

But apart from Allison, the team completely changed.

Karp left the team, saying he couldn't be on it anymore after what happened to Peter. Tammy got back into figure skating, Tommy decided to play soccer and Terry said that basketball was more for him.

It was sad watching Terry and Karp leave, as the two had been with us since the beginning, but I knew there was no changing their minds.

It was a bittersweet moment saying goodbye to them, and I will admit, I did shed a few tears. But Charlie and Averman were actually crying. Averman and Charlie had been best friends with Terry and Karp since the team started. So of course it was going to be hard on them.