Soon He's Gonna Find Stealing Other People's Toys On The Playground

Allison Moreau was no where to be seen

I had been hanging out with Connie, Jesse, Averman and Goldberg, and Connie suggested that we find Allison and go swimming. The only problem was, Allison was no where to be seen.

"I'm not sure where she's at." Connie frowned.

I shrugged. "It's okay. Maybe we can go with her tomorrow."

We started to head out, but Goldberg stopped and groaned. "I need my towel."

"I'll go grab it for you." I offered.

Goldberg nodded, handing me his key, and I started walking to his dorm. I unlocked it, shoving the door open, and I ignored Luis as I looked around for Goldberg's towel.

"Could you be any louder?"

"Why?" I asked. "Did I awake you from your precious sleep?"

"No, but you might wake up her."

I turned around and saw another body in Luis's bed.

"Who's that?" I asked, standing in my spot, not wanting to get any closer. "Is it Julie?"

Luis scoffed, as if I had just said the most ridiculous thing ever. "Julie's a pretty girl. She's nice and all, but I'm not really into her that way."

I tilted my head as I looked at the girl in his bed.

"Have you seen Goldberg's towel?" I asked.

Luis nodded towards a spinning chair, and I grabbed it. I turned back to Luis, looking at the girl, wondering who was stupid enough to willingly come to him.

"Have you seen Allison, too?" I asked. "Connie, Jesse, Averman, Goldberg and I were going swimming, but we couldn't find her."

Luis laughed as he looked at me. "Oh, I've seen her."

I shook my head. "What does that mean?"

Luis laughed again, looking at me as if I was the dumbest person he's ever meant. "You fit that dumb blonde stereotype well, don't you Germaine?"

My cheeks turned red as I clenched my fists. Luis smiled his nasty smile and moved the blanket back, and my stomach dropped when I saw Allison laying beside him.

"Why—"

"She was looking for you." Luis shrugged. "When she couldn't find you, she bumped into me and decided I was a better option."

My cheeks turned a darker red. "You know where I was. You saw me with—"

"I told her you were with Connie. She seemed pretty upset about that."

"Way to go," I scoffed. "Now she's going to be bitter with her sister."

Luis shook his head. "No, just you."

I clenched my jaw, my hands balled into fists. I stormed out of the room. I handed Goldberg his towel, telling them to leave without me because I had something I needed to do.

"Are you sure?" Connie asked. "We can wait—"

"Just go." I snapped.

I stormed off to Bombay's office, knocking on the door. I knew Allison told me that she didn't want Bombay to know, but I was so upset with her and Luis, that I guess this was my way at getting back at her.

"Hey, Guy." He smiled. "What's up?"

I took a deep breath in. "Uh, it's about Allison."

Coach sat up straighter at that. "What's up with her?"

"Coach, Allison's hurt. She's been hurt since the Iceland game. She just never said anything because...well because you were still Captain blood." I blurted.

Bombay's face changed. "What's wrong with her?"

"Her wrist." I blurted again. "She wraps it after every practice."

Bombay nodded, and I started to feel bad about telling.

{}~{}~{}~{}

Allison Moreau stayed behind.

I lingered in the doorway, so I was just out of sight, and I winced as Bombay walked in.

"Now just think how you'd play with two good wrists." Bombay spoke.

Allison jumped, setting the wrap down. "Coach. I'm okay, really. It's just a little sore."

"Allison, I should have noticed sooner. Your injury is my fault."

Allison shook her head again. "Coach, I'm fine. I swear I can play."

I watched as Bombay picked up Kenny's hockey stick and handed it to her.

"Okay, here. Let's find out."

Allison grabbed it with her left hand, but Bombay stopped her. "The other hand."

Allison did so shakily, and I could already see the pain on her face.

"Now rotate it."

Allison tried, I could tell she really did. But she just wasn't able to do it. I saw her drop the stick with tears in her eyes, making me feel even worse for telling on her.

"I have to bench you."

Her head snapped up to look at him. "You can't do that!"

"Allison, you could injure yourself permanently."

The girl shook her head. "You can't bench me! I've got to play, all the scouts are here, this is my shot!"

"You're young, you're going to have plenty of shots." Bombay said.

Then, Allison's voice got real quiet as she spoke. "But Peter's counting on me."

I felt a tear fall at the amount of pain in her voice as she said it. I looked at Bombay's face, and saw he looked just as sad.

"Allison..." he started. "Peter is proud of you. I never should have said he'd be disappointed in you, because he wouldn't be. He'd be so proud of how far you've come."

Allison nodded, and some of her tears fell. I chose this time to walk out.

"Hey, is everything okay?"

Allison looked at me, an unreadable look in her eyes. "You told him, didn't you?"

"W-What?"

She stepped closer as she glared at me. "You told him about my wrist, didn't you?"

"N-no, I—"

Before I could say anything more, Bombay stepped between us, resting a hand on Allison's shoulder.

"Let's all relax, okay? It doesn't matter how I found out, but it's a good thing I did. Who knows what would have happened if you kept playing."

Allison stopped, but still glared at me. I kept my head down, not being able to look at her without feeling bad.

"Come on, let's go get your wrist X-rayed." Bombay said. "You can come too, Guy."

I nodded, shuffling behind them, feeling guilty the whole way there.