He Had To Know The Pain Was Beating On Me Like A Drum

Allison Moreau fell asleep on my shoulder

The movie was just ending, and I was smiling to myself. I heard the door creak open, and I looked up and saw Jesse walk in. He looked over at us, and he rolled his eyes.

"Is this why you kicked me out? Because you wanted to spend alone time with Allison?"

I shrugged the best I could. "Maybe."

Jesse rolled his eyes. "Did you confess at all?"

I rolled my eyes as well. "Jesse, I'm not an idiot. Of course I didn't."

Jesse huffed, glaring at me. I gently laid Allison down on the bed, and I stood up and stretched.

"Maybe that's a good thing. I heard Luis talking about confessing he might have a better chance than you."

I whipped around, completely bewildered. "What? He said that? When?"

Jesse scoffed a little and said, "Never. I made that up. But soon it won't be fake news if you don't get the courage and ask her out. First the cake eater, now Miami. Man, Guy, just get your girl already!"

I shook my head, upset that Jesse fooled me, and upset that he was still on me asking Allison  out.

"Come on, Guy. Man up. What's the worst she could say? Are you afraid she'll say no?"

I shook my head, and said, "Okay, but what if she says ew?"

Jesse laughed slightly, shaking his head. "Trust me, Guy. She's not going to say ew. Trust me. Don't make this weird, but have you seen yourself? How could anyway say no?"

"Dude, don't say that, that's weird." I said.

Jesse shrugged. "I said don't make it weird. I'm saying it as bro's."

I shook my head, laughter bubbling out of my chest. "Okay, Jesse. Whatever you say."

I sat back down on the bed, and Allison curled up against my side.

"See, she likes you in her sleep, imagine when she's awake."

I rolled my eyes, laying down with her. Ignoring Jesse as he continued talking about confessing.

{}~{}~{}~{}

Allison Moreau was comfortable.

We had been sleeping, and I could hear two people mumbling back and forth to each other.

"Did they confess to each other?"

"No. He's a chicken, and I'm not fully sure how she feels. I know she likes him, I just don't know how much."

The other person scoffed. "It must be pretty much, because she literally spent fifteen minutes yesterday talking to me about him."

The first person laughed a bit. "I knew she liked him. He just doesn't believe me."