I Never Saw It Coming, Nor Would I Have Suspected It

Allison Moreau was not skating with me

Instead, she was skating with Luis Mendoza.

"I don't know what I've been told!" Coach sang as we skated behind him as he drove in his golf cart.

"I don't know what I've been told!" We repeated.

"Team U.S.A.'s gonna win the gold!"

"U.S.A.'s gonna win the gold!"

"Listen up and listen good!"

"We're all headed for Hollywood!"

"Sound off."

"One, two."

"Sound off."

"Three, four."

"Bring 'em on down!"

"One, two, three, four."

I skated until we reached the clearing, and stopped quickly. I cursed though, when I felt someone run into me, knocking me over. I landed on my stomach, and turned to see Luis laying across my back.

"Mendoza." I hissed.

"Germaine." He smirked, shoving himself off me.

I glared at him, taking Jesse's offered hand. I dusted myself off, and felt myself grow even more annoyed when I saw Allison ask Luis if he was okay. He had just rammed into me and used me as a landing pad. I'm sure he was fine.

I clenched my jaw, turning away from them.

{}~{}~{}~{}

Allison Moreau was not sitting with me.

Instead, she was assigned to sit with Kenny and Jesse. I looked at my ticket, and I cursed when I found my seat. I would have preferred sitting with Fulton and Portman. Instead I was stuck in between Luis and Adam.

"What an awkward plane ride this is going to be." I heard Averman say.

"Shit." I sighed.

Adam rolled his eyes and said, "I'm not happy to be sitting with you either, Germaine."

"Yeah." Luis sighed. "Why couldn't we have gotten someone better to sit with? Like Charlie. Or Allison?"

My head snapped over to look at him and he smirked. "Oh, did I hit a nerve by talking about her?"

I clenched my jaw, and Adam said, "Yeah, he'll get pissed if anyone else talks about her. He acts like he owns her."

"I do not." I growled.

Both boys shared a smirk, and I knew that this was going to be a long plane ride.

{}~{}~{}~{}

Allison Moreau was the only person I wanted to see.

Adam and Luis basically tormented me the whole five hour plane ride. Though I wasn't able to see her until the game against Trinidad.

"Welcome to Los Angeles, California, and the Junior Goodwill Games, as teams from around the world arrive to compete in both Winter and Summer events. The U.S.A is expected to score well in the medal count, especially in Basketball, Swimming and Hockey."

"And there's team U.S.A. Hockey, led by Coach Gordon Bombay. They're looking fit and anxious to begin the competition. Tonight's game matches the second-seeded Team U.S.A.against the tenth-seeded team Trinidad Tobago. This marks the first game for team U.S.A. in this double elimination, winner take all tournament. Gordon Bombay looks to have his team well in control here. They lead six to nothing."

I watched as Charlie passed Allison the puck, and I heard the buzzer go off and everyone cheered. I high fived Jesse when I heard someone from behind us say, "Yeah, high-five some more. Man, my little brother could score on these guys."

I rolled my eyes as Jesse snapped, "Why don't you go bother him then?"

"Ha-Ha! I ain't even got a little brother!" The boy laughed.

"Jesse," Coach interrupted. "Quit gabbin' and get out on the ice. Show me you want it, son."

"Yeah, show us you want it son." The boy taunted.

I glared at him, as did Coach, and the boy walked away. Coach put me in as well, and I sighed, getting into position.

Jesse and I skated out on the ice, and I passed him the puck. A Trinidad player slid in front of him, tripping him. I helped him up, and Jesse of course went and started a fight with the player.

"Jesse, leave it, it's not worth it!" I snapped.

Jesse was taken to the box, where that boy in the stands started messing with him again. Fulton and Portman were monsters on the ice. Shoving kids left and right. It was quite fun to watch. Portman took the puck, and I cheered when he scored.

I passed the puck to Allison, and I watched Allison get tripped. Allison slid on the ice and into the wall, and I heard the buzzer go off.

My heart stopped and I quickly skated over to Allison when she didn't get up right away. I couldn't help but think about what happened during the Hawks game. Flashes of that game kept going through my head.

"Coach, she's not waking up!"

"She'll be okay, Guy."

I kneeled down next to her, rolling her over.

"Allison, you okay?" I asked, starting to panic.

Allison groaned, standing up with my help and said, "Yeah, yeah, I'm fine."

I sighed in relief, trying to calm my heart.

"Atta girl, Allison! Shake it off!" Coach called.

"Nearing the end of the game, Team U.S.A. with it out at center ice. With Allison Moreau in the Trinidad zone. Moves around and passes it to Kenny Wu, the former Figure skater, back behind the net, ducks underneath the check. Wu around front. It's a wraparound He scores!"

"Way to go!" Bombay said after the game. "That wasn't a game, that was a statement."

I skated over to Allison, wanting to check on her once again. "Hey, you okay? Did you hit your head? You didn't, right?"

Allison laughed slightly and said, "Guy, I'm fine. Luis and Adam already asked me if I was okay, too."

My face dropped and I clenched my jaw and said, "Did they?"

She nodded, rolling her eyes slightly. "Yeah, it's sweet that they care, but it's starting to get annoying. Everything I do, they're immediately on me to see if I'm okay."

I felt my face grow hot. Did she think I was annoying too? Did she tell things like this to Connie?

"It's only them though. I don't find it annoying when you ask." She assured. "Because you only ask if I actually do get hurt or come close to it. They ask, like, every time they see me."

I smiled slightly, but I still felt worried. What if she was just saying that? What if she really did find me annoying? Was I annoying?

"Guy?"

I snapped out of my thoughts and tried to smile. "Yeah?"

"I asked if you wanted to go get changed." She said. "We've got to talk to the press apparently."

I nodded, thought I was still lost in thought. Did I annoy Allison?