Gathering Witnesses

Start from the beginning

Noah places both hands on either side of my face locking his eyes with mine. ''This is going to work okay,'' he tells me. ''We are going to make it out of this,'' he comforts me bringing me back into his arms. 

''If worse comes to worst, I want you to open a portal to another dimension and take yourself and Renseme through,'' he whispers to me. 

''I've never done that before,'' I tell him as he continues to rock me back and forth. ''Let's hope it doesn't have to come to that,'' he tells me. 

''Come on,'' he pulls back and smiles down at me. ''Let's talk nursery ideas,'' he tells me. I chuckle knowing he was trying to take my mind off of what was going on. 

I lean up and kiss him on the lips. ''I love you,'' I tell him. He smiles leaning in and kissing me more passionately. ''I love you too, always and forever,'' he whispers. 

I grin at him happily. ''Always and Forever,'' I breathe out pulling him back into another kiss. 

Over the next few days, Bella, Edward and Jake were the first to arrive back quickly followed by the Denalis car

I walk out of the house and grin as Renesme jumps out of the car and comes running towards me. ''Aunty Al, aunty Al,'' she throws herself at me and I laugh hugging her back just as tightly as she was hugging me being careful not to hurt her. ''How's my favourite niece?'' I ask her. 

''Good, I had so much fun going to Alaska,'' she grins up at me. ''Well you will have to tell me all about it,'' I tell her. ''After you eat, Uncle Noah just prepared a snack for you, with blood on the side,'' I tell her. her eyes light up as Noah comes out with a plate of sandwiches and a cup of animal blood. 

''Here you go Ness,'' he smiles at her handing the plate and cup to her. ''Hey guys,'' I smile at the Danalies walking down to greet them after hugging Bella, Edward and Jake. 

''Wow look at you, you've grown,'' Carmen looks at my belly in awe. ''We are so sorry about Irina, you do not need all this stress,'' Kate tells me hugging me. ''All of you coming here and being witnesses helps a lot,'' I tell them honestly. 

''Come on in,'' I tell them leading them up the staircase towards the house. Over the next couple of hours, the Danalies asked questions about how this all happened and about how Bella was still able to eat. 

We took all the time we needed to explain to them everything that happened from the wedding to this moment in time. 

By the end of the explanation, Reneseme was asleep on my lap her feet resting on Bella's. I was running my fingers through her hair, smiling at her every now and then. 

''By the way, we meant to give this to you, but with everything that is happening we didn't have the time,'' Noah tells Bella softly handing her a key. Bella looks at it confused before looking between Noah and I. Edward was just grinning knowing what it was for.