The Battle

Alvenia's Point of View

The Next Day

''Did you say yes?'' I ask Bella as she and I walk through the woods spreading our blood to draw the Newborns here and drive them crazy. 

Bella looks at me shocked. ''How did you know?'' She asks me. I scoff, ''Please you don't think he would have asked you to marry him without talking to me first did you?'' I ask her. 

She rolls her eyes looking around before looking at me and nodding her head. I clap happily. ''Yay, this is going to be so fun,'' I grin at her. 

''Shhhhh,'' she tells me. I frown at her. ''Why am I more excited about this than you are?'' I ask her. ''I am, but it's just talking about here in the open when Jake could be anywhere,'' she tells me. 

I roll my eyes. ''Jake needs to get over himself and realise that you are in love with Edward. I love the guy but he needs to realise that even if you have some type of feelings towards him you will choose Edward every time,'' I tell her. 

''This news of you and Edward being engaged will give him the big fat reality check that he needs,'' I tell her. 

''I will tell him, I just don't want him distracted, thinking about me and Edward when he should be focused on the fight,'' Bella tells me. I sigh and nod my head. 

She and I continue for a bit more before we both looked up. ''You both are going overbored,'' Noah says walking forward and wrapping an arm around my waist resting his hands on my belly once again. 

''The Newborns will be frantic,'' Edward chuckles. ''Well if this is all I can contribute, I want to be thorough,'' Bella nods her head. ''Don't, I don't want you to make yourself uncomfortable,'' Bella tried pulling her hand back. 

''It doesn't bother me anymore,'' Edward waves her off. ''Since when?'' Bella asks him. ''Since I spent twelve hours thinking that you were dead,'' Edward tells her bandaging her finger. 

''You're not wearing it?'' Edward frowns looking at Bella's hand. ''I didn't want to risk losing it,'' Bella tells him. ''Or risk Jacob seeing it,'' Edward tells her. 

''I already talked to her about it,'' I tell Edward patting him on the back. ''I don't want him to be distracted!'' Bella tells him the same thing she told me. 

''Who's distracted?'' I look to the side and see Jake walking towards us. ''No one I hope,'' I tell him smiling. 

He nods his head before looking between Edward and Noah. ''Alice says there is a storm coming,'' Noah tells him. ''Yeah, I can feel it,'' Jake nods his head looking up at the sky. ''We should get going,'' Jake looks at Bella. 

''Aunt Rebekah will meet you all up there,'' I tell them. They all look at me confused. I look between them all before looking at Edward and Bella specifically. 

''We all know how smart Victoria is. When she realises that you are both not here, she will know that you two are with each other. She may not be able to pick up on Bella's scent but she may be able to pick up on yours,'' I look at Edward specifically.

''Not saying that this will happen but there is a chance it will. We can't risk anything, so Aunt Rebekah is going to stay with you guys so if Victoria does find you, you have more backup,'' I tell him. 

''I never thought of that,'' Edward closes his eyes tensing up. ''None of us did,'' Jasper speaks up walking towards us. ''It's just a precaution,'' I tell Edward and Bella. 

''We still need to go if we want to beat the storm,'' Jake looks at Bella. Bella looks at me and I smile at her comfortingly. ''Go, I'll see you after the fight,'' I tell her.