03 # foreshadow

"delivery." eric shone a smile to sunwoo who seemed more tired that one morning.
his two racoon eyes were semi-closed, his cheek puffed and it seemed as if he had a hard time reacting. eric giggled at the sight.

sunwoo nodded, taking the pink letter as the two previous days, giving his friend a 'thank you'.

eric put his hands into the pocket of his jeans "it's already been a year, he must be missing you." he gave sunwoo a reassuring expression, showing his two dimples.

"i doubt it." sunwoo replied bitterly, yawning.

the younger titled his head to the side, raising an eyebrow "are you okay?" he questioned, noticing how sunwoo didn't seem like sunwoo, maybe he caught a cold.

"yeah, don't worry about me," he shrugged "worry about your boyfriend instead, he must be waiting for you." sunwoo teased as eric started blushing, even if he would never admit it

"juyeon can take care of himself." eric stuck out his tongue before walking away, acting slighted which cause sunwoo to chuckle.

if math wasn't an opinion, haknyeon had eight more letters to deliver, which made him realise how bad of a person he was.

he can't believe haknyeon really took the time to write ten things he hated about him just to put them in his - now eric's - mailbox.

it was right to his ex-lover, though, he must be still thinking that sunwoo lives in that same building. actually, him and eric exchanged dorms because of their universities: sunwoo's was closer to eric's dorm, while eric's was closer to sunwoo's one.

it was a win-win situation, wasn't it?

he entered the classroom with heavy steps, sat down in the back of the class as he opened the letter. it had became a routine by now.

i hate that someone must be the reason of your smile now;
i hate that your lips were always curved into a smile when you were with me;
i hate your beautiful smile.

i hope no one will make you do it anymore;
that your smile will always be upside down;
i hope you won't be someone's reason to be happy.

- ju haknyeon

3/10

sunwoo closed the innocent-like paper and he did the same with his eyes.
yes, those words were harsh, but he deserved them.

unconsciously, as if haknyeon ordered it to him, he pouted feeling his eyes watering.
his lower lip started to tremble, now finding it hard to hold back the tears that threatened roll down from his cheeks

"is everything okay?" a voice startled him, making sunwoo open wide his eyes, noticing that there was a pink haired boy in front of him who was kindly handing him a tissue.

he quickly thanked him, taking the tissue and drying the lonely tear that wholeheartedly fell down.

with a smile, the boy sat down too a few seats behind sunwoo's. they both were early, that was why they were the only ones in the room.

sunwoo turned around, eyeing the boy who just started fixing his notes. he felt sunwoo's gaze on his skin and raised the head, meeting his two doe eyes who were still teary. he stopped writing and dropped the pen.

"i saw nothing today, if that's what you wanted to say." he simply said, his voice was high-pitched yet it seemed very soft to sunwoo's hears.

"oh, good.... what's your name?" sunwoo questioned, it seemed as if that strawberry haired boy understood him well

"choi chanhee."

poor haknyeon, little did he know choi chanhee was the reason of sunwoo's smile, despite him wishing no one would make him do it again.

however, there was something more under sunwoo's actions.

chanhee's hair was of a pink shade, and pink was the thing that reminded sunwoo of haknyeon the most.

it was a variety of masochism, perhaps, because the thought of haknyeon hurt him more than a knife wound covered in salt.