07 # love me harder

as expected, eric delivered to sunwoo the seventh which should've been the sixth letter that one morning.

sunwoo felt a shiver run through his spine, truth to be told, he didn't want to open the letter. a part of him wanted to follow chanhee's advice and talk to haknyeon, however... another part of him was still afraid to face him.

he just decide to skip the advice, he still had three more letters, maybe haknyeon was going to forgive him in one of them.

with a heavy heart he opened the wrapper.

i hate the way i always came to cheer you whenever you played soccer;
i hate how you dedicate every goal to me;
i hate that there was no place in your heart, for both of us.

i hope you're sad with only soccer left;
that you regretted choosing it over me...
i hope you won't be able to play it anymore.

- ju haknyeon

7 6̶/10

oh.

sunwoo gulped down the urge to cry once again, tears urged to fall down on his puffy cheeks. he bite his lips, making them bleed slightly.

it was true, sunwoo had chosen soccer over haknyeon, and he did it for? not even sunwoo knew the answer to that question.

inside sunwoo's heart there was only one place and it was reserved to ju haknyeon, definitely not for soccer, a mere sport.
however, how can we blame a seventeen year old who was nothing but a soccer player his whole life?

sunwoo really did blame himself for everything that happened, but had anyone ever tried to understand his point of view?

eric would have done it perhaps, if he knew the truth, but sunwoo decided to leave him out and half-lied to him, telling eric they broke up because they didn't love each other anymore.

lies, how could sunwoo ever stop loving haknyeon?