Your First Time Meeting (Non-Celeb Ver.)

Y/n Pov

I was sprinting down the street. I woke up late and I still had to pick up coffee for everyone at work. God I hate being an intern. Don't get me wrong I like my job. I just hate doing everything for everyone when they can do it themselves.

I was almost at the café when I bumped into someone. "God I'm so sorry! I quickly picked up their belongings and helped them up. "It's okay!" That voice sounds familiar. I look up and see one of my idols. Hailee Steinfeld. My face flushed a deep red and I apologized faster than the universe could expand and cool.

"I'm so sorry! I wasn't looking where I was going. I'm late for work and they wanted me to do a coffee run and-" She held her hand up and I shut my mouth. "It's all good, no feelings were hurt. You seemed stressed out though. Where do you work?" I stared at her for a second before shaking my head. "Um, I'm an intern at a media company."

She nodded. "Where were you gonna get coffee at? I was going to get some myself actually so maybe I could join you and help you." What is she an angel or something? "How fast can you run?" She seemed taken aback by the question. "Pretty fast." I motioned and started running again and she followed behind me.

***

I set down the coffee's on the conference room table and panted an apology. "What happened to you?" A co-worker asked. I loosened by tie slightly and took a deep breath. "I woke up late and then I ran into Hailee Steinfeld." They burst out laughing. "There's no way! You don't just run into a celebrity like that-" Hailee walked in with the rest of the coffee and set it on the conference table.

"Okay now I believe you." She waved awkwardly at everyone. "Thanks again, you didn't have to do that." I said as I made my way towards my desk. "It was no big deal." She sat in the chair for clients in front of my desk. "Say, what if on your next day off we get coffee together? I'm currently on a break." Her eyes twinkled expectantly. I smirked.

"Are you asking me out?" I asked, a shit eating grin on my face. Hailee panicked and slightly before trying to come up with an excuse. "Because I'd love to." She visibly relaxed after basically losing her soul and getting it back within a millisecond. "Don't scare me like that!" I snorted softly before feeling my heart drop to the pit of my stomach. "What's wrong?" Hailee frowned, eyes filled with concern.

I shook my head and she moved closer. "I just. You might not like who I am." Hailee looked offended by the statement. "What the hell is that supposed to mean? You're literally so handsome and respectful. The fact that you're prettier than me blows me away. You're also super cute and have an amazing personality and energy." I blushed and signed into my computer.

"Oh would you look st the time, I have to get to work! Hahaha!" I stared at the screen of emails and charts when I felt a hand on my shoulder. "I'll take that as a yes. Here's my number, text me when you get home." She smiled and left.

I felt the sudden aura of being watched and turned around to see the entire office staring. "W-What?" They all spoke in unison. "How the hell did you do that?!" I chuckled nervously and shrugged turning back to my computer finding her number on a sticking note. I smiled softly and skipped it into my pocket.

She's gonna be the death of me.