Chapter 10

6 months later

Visenya rode above the clouds on the Gray Spirit's back, Valelyx on their right, Silverwing on their left, and Vermithor beside her.

It had been six months since he had been accepted by the Gray Spirit, three months since he and Rhaenyra had turned 16, and two months since Alicent had given birth to her half-brother Aegon.

Visenya tried to ignore him.

She saw him once after his birth, and then the princess tried to avoid both the baby and Alicent.

He and Rhaenyra were so far apart.

And Visenya gave up on Daemon writing her a letter.

After taming the Gray Ghost, Visenya thought there was no need to rush to tame the last dragon.

Of course, he lasted six months.

A gray ghost landed in front of the caves and Visenya did not hesitate to get off its back and enter the cave.

He was walking slowly in the darkness when he saw the outline of the dragon.

-  Calm down! I don't want any harm! - he started talking to her when she saw him stand up.

The dragon took a step forward and the princess caught her breath.

Visenya carefully raised her right hand and waited for the dragon's reaction.

The creature brought its nose closer to his palm and sniffed audibly.

Then he looked straight into Visenya's eyes.

Visenya lowered her head and waited patiently.

After a minute or two, which really seemed like an hour to Visenya, she felt his scales under her palm.

The princess looked up with a smile, and now she was really proud of herself.

- How about a new name? - he asked as he caressed her and thought.

Visenya knew he was rumored to be called Sheepherder, but she didn't like the name at all.

- How about Aegarax? A strong name for a strong dragon! - he asked and was very surprised when the dragon made a sound that Visenya could only take as agreement.

- Then it's decided! From now on your name is Aegarax!

he thought as he looked proudly at his new dragon.