Chapter 6

2 months later

There was a thud as Visenya's wooden sword struck the hay dummy.

The princess hit the doll's chest one last time, then panting, she succumbed to the urge and lay down on the dirty ground, staring at the sky.

It's been like this for two whole months!

Visenya got up in the morning, got dressed, had breakfast, then flew to Dragonstone on Valelyx and learned to use a sword. Sometimes Rhaenyra came with him, but most of the time she came alone.

True, since Visenya had slept in Rhaenyra's bed, they hadn't spoken about that night, but their relationship had grown even closer.

The princess didn't tolerate anyone but Rhaenyra near her, especially her father and Alicent.

Viserys understood that Visenya needed time. That's why he didn't say anything when he left without a word with Valelyx.

Alicent tried to talk to the two princesses in the first week or two, but gave up after neither Rhaenyra nor Visenya spoke to him.

Visenya hadn't spoken to Luceryn in person for two months and she missed him. He also received only three letters, in which he told how they were doing in the war and asked about him.

He didn't even talk to Daemon as much as he did to Luceryn. Visenya wanted to write to him, but decided to write anyway if he missed her.

- You'd just be a distraction. - Visenya thought back on what she had told him. And he didn't want to, he didn't want to jeopardize that by focusing on that instead of the war.

Sighing, he got up and was about to go to the courtyard when he heard a dragon howl.

- Valeyx? - Visenya asked herself, but deep down she knew it wasn't her. After all, he knew Valelyx, and when he screamed, it didn't sound like that.

The former's roar was sharper, while Valelyx's was generally muffled.

Visenya dropped the wooden sword and went to where she heard the voice.

He found it all the way to the villages connected to Dragonmont Castle.

He saw several slightly smoky caves and decided to enter the nearest one.

As he went deeper into the cave, he blinked more and more at the faint smoke.

Suddenly he heard movement and called.

When she didn't hear anything else, she continued slowly, but quickly greeted him when her eyes met a pair of light blue eyes.

He looked at the dragon with wide eyes and was able to identify it immediately based on his father's stories.

- Silverwing! - Visenya whispered reverently.