Eavesdropping

"Alright time to see what you bozos are up to." I mutter to myself, turning up the volume on the speaker.

I had almost forgotten I put voice capturing devices in those turtles rooms. Was that weird? Yes, yes it was. But I am a villain and I need to gather info. Because if I didn't make any progress Kendra would be on my ass about it.

'Why have you not made any progress?' She would ask. 'Well maybe you aren't as smart as I thought you were' UGH she knew that one would always get me to work. I hate it when someone doubts my smarts.

I sat at my desk clicking my pen over and over out of boredom, waiting for any noise to come from the rooms. All I heard was distant quite chattering, and maybe a few almost silent crashes.

I tap the pen on my desk a few times and hold my head up with my other hand, blowing a strand of hair away I sigh. "This is So BoRInGggG." I groan, spinning in my chair.

"Could you please stop I'm trying to SLEEP!" Sam yelled. I looked up at her and scoffed.

"What is your problem Sam?" I spat. She then flew down to my desk and looked me in the eyes.

"My problem? MY PROBLEM? Is you y/n." Her tone was full of disgust and anger as she stomped her tiny foot on my desk.

"You do not call me-"

"Yeah I'm not supposed to call you that. but my name stands for 'super annoying machine' so I guess we're both UNHAPPY!" She growled. I frowned at her. Not wanting to start another argument, I ignored it.

"Just go back up to your platform. I'll keep it down." I averted my gaze from hers and I heard a small scoff as she flew back up to her small house.

I sighed, while leaned back into my chair. Parenting is so damn hard.

—————

"jodido imbéciles!"

———-

I practically fall out of my chair after hearing those words. Which turtle was that... right! Leo, goofball, he likes to use Spanish.

————

"WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY LEO!?"

"Like I would tell you, RAPH!"
———

After the yelling I heard a door slam and a loud groan coming from the blue turtle. I fixed myself to sit properly in my chair again as I started to listen. All I heard for about 5 minutes was faint rustling.

Then after a few more seconds I started to hear soft quiet whimpering.
(get yo mind out the goddamn gutter.)
it was sad small whimpers.
"Holy shit..." I muttered. He was crying, that poor poor turtle was crying.

soon those whimpers turned into sobs, quiet sobs. That went on for a while, small rustling noises then small quiet sobs. He would mumble something to himself and then go back to quietly crying.

Then all of a sudden it's like he practically broke. Loud sobs could be heard from the other side, small little sniffles and cry's. I felt bad for listening into this, I looked down and sighed. This is what I have to do. For the purple dragons... for the purple dragons.

I started to hear angry mumbles but that turned into angry ranting. I couldn't quite hear what he was saying so I quickly cracked up the volume. God this felt so wrong.

—————

"Be m-more respon-responsible sto-stop mak-making stupid j-jokes stop be-being so reckless. Well I'm sorry RAPH! Tha-that's
ju-just who I am. Why ca-cant you ju-just accept me. Wh-why can't you s-say I'm proud. F-for once! Because that's what I- I really n-need to hear ri-right now."

—————

He didn't stop crying it just kept going. The sobbing, the sniffling, the small little hic noises in-between each cry.

"Oh you poor thing." I mumbled while still lightly gripping onto the volume nob. I may not know much about his situation, but how much I do dearly relate to his current problem. Why can they not just say they're proud for once?

—————

"I bet-bet if I jumped off a da-damn building you-you wouldn't ca-care huh Raph?"

—————

My grip on the on the nob immediately tightened and my eyes grew wide. "What did he just say?" I questioned myself. Oh no, he wasn't going to. He wouldn't... he wouldn't right?

I stayed as silent as I possibly could to hear anything on the other line. All I heard was the bed slightly creaking and the sound of footsteps start to fade away.

"He- he's probably just going to get some fresh air... right? RIGHT?" Yes I am a villain, but I wouldn't promote one of my favorite enemies to kill themselves!

"Probably not." I hear a voice from above. Oh, Sam. Why was she listening? Damn my speaker was probably too loud. I saw her head poke out of her small home. She titled it to get a better look at me. Then she sighed.

"I know where he is i shall send the coordinates to your bracelet." I saw her eyes slightly glimmer a bit and then my bracket dinged.

"Wait how do you-"

"Do you really want to ask that question now?" Her voice filled with slight irritation. I opened my mouth to speak but stopped. If what I thought he was doing was actually true I had to leave and fast.

I grabbed all of the gear I needed and bolted to the window. But before I left I turned back and look up at Sam.

"Thank you Sammy." Her eyes widened almost in disbelief. My tone was more genuine than usual and I looked at her with love.

"No need to thank me." She mumbled.