I raised my brows and hummed against his lips.

"You're so pretty," he mumbled once we separated our lips, and he was now examining my face contently.

I reached up to trace his face and his eyebrows raised slightly, lips parting. "You're pretty too."

He furrowed his brows, "What are you doing?"

"Complimenting you," I replied simply with the truth, continuing what I was doing.

"I don't like it when you do that," he whispered, but I could clearly sense the lie through his tone.

I smirked, "Yes you do."

He smiled, averting his gaze and looking upwards as a blush dusted his cheeks. "You know me too well," he looked back- the braids swinging across his face again.

"I do," I smiled as well and leaned upwards to kiss him once again.

- - -

I woke up cuddled deep into Lo'ak's arms. I smiled when I saw his peaceful and content face- something that had not been present in a while.

I traced his face features with my fingers again, and then after a while tucked a braid that had fallen in his face behind his ear- and his eyes fluttered open.

It took him a moment to register where he was and what was going on, but once he did- his eyes lit up like the suns of Pandora and his smile broke out widely.

My expression soon matched his and he leaned over slightly, starting to shower my face in kisses. I giggled and scrunched my face up.

"You're so cute," Lo'ak muttered raspily.

My eyes widened when I heard his morning voice again- not realizing how much I had missed it. "I love your sleepy XV voice," I whispered, thumb pressing down on his bottom lip.

He kept eye contact with me as he kissed the pad of my finger tip- smiling again afterwards. I pressed our lips together.

They melted and worked together naturally, as Lo'ak brought a hand to cup my jaw. His four fingers wrapping around the back of my neck and his thumb caressing my cheek. I smiled into the kiss- and he chased my lips, soon pulling away for a breath.

"I'm tired," he mumbled.

I hummed, running my fingers through his hair. As he closed his eyes and nestled his head farther into the blankets that made up our bed- I noticed he had deep purple circles under his eyes.

"Baby-" I ran my thumb across the colored circles, "Have you been sleeping?"

He grunted, "It's hard to sleep without you next to me."

I frowned, "I'm sorry."

"Stop apologizing."

I faked that I was deep in thought for a moment- putting on a false thinking expression. After a moment I said sarcastically, "No."

Lo'ak chuckled, catching onto my joke- I was usually this sarcastic and teasing.

I heard footsteps at the door- and lifted my head to see Neytiri hesitantly peering into our hut. She smiled at the sight- now finally seeing her son content once again.

"Sorry to interrupt-" she whispered sweetly.

I smiled, "Don't worry, you're not."

"Ok..." she continued, "Well, do you two want breakfast?"

Lo'ak grumbled but I nodded- starting to get up. Lo'ak immediately pulled me back down- shaking his head no.

I huffed disbelievingly, but Neytiri suggested, "How about I bring it to you?"

I looked up at her sorrily, but still annoyed with Lo'ak, "Sorry- but please?"

"Alright," she flashed me a warm smile then turned around, saying as she left, "As long as he eats it!"

My eyes widened and my jaw clenched as I whipped my head to Lo'ak. "Have you not been eating?!"

He sighed, "Don't worry about it."

"What do you mean don't worry-" I exhaled shortly- shutting my eyes as if I was gathering strength. "When was the last time you ate something?"

He groaned- rolling over on his back and rubbing his face with his hands. "Mama- I said don't worry about it."

I slapped his chest- and he immediately reacted, leaning up and looking at me in shock. "Ow! What the-"

"When was the last time you ate something?" I repeated- more harshly this time.

He leaned back again- shutting his eyes, he knew that there was no escaping my questioning. "I'll eat something today, ok?"

"No you-"

He opened his eyes and looked at me pleadingly, "Please, I don't want to talk about it. You're here now- I'm good now."

I scoffed, and to this he rolled his eyes- turning all the way on his back.

"I'm sorry, I'm just worried," I said and hugged his back, resting my chin on his shoulder.

He shrugged- now hugging himself, "Nothing to be worried about anymore."

"Yeah- anymore," I sighed and then plopped back on the bed.

"I'm sorry mama," he rolled over on his side again and wrapped one arm around my waist. "I'm just- tired."

"It's ok," I flashed him a quick smile then gave him a sweet peck on the lips.

He smiled slightly as Neytiri came in and set a large bowl of food down beside us.

"Thanks mom," we both said almost at the same time.

She grinned, "Do you two want to take the day off?"

I looked to Lo'ak and he nodded his head- eyes closed. "Yes please," I answered for the both of us.

"Got it," she nodded as well and left.

I wanted to ask about Jake and Neteyam- but was too scared for the answer I'd get.

"Mama," Lo'ak mumbled- drifting off to sleep again.

I turned to look at him while leaning up on my hands. "Hmmm?" I hummed.

His voice slurred, "I'm really hungry..."

"Good!" I exclaimed and turned to the food. I sat crisscrossed facing him with the bowl in my lap. "Ma Lo'ak," I encouraged and he perked his eye open at me to see me eagerly waiting for him to sit up with me.

He grumbled- reluctantly complying. I picked up a fruit and held it up to his mouth- but he scrunched his nose as a reaction.

"I'm not a baby."

I took the opportunity to repeat what he had said to me last night, "You're my baby," I teased. He rolled his eyes, "Plus- you do call me mama."

"Mama! You can't keep making fun of me for that."

"Oh I'm going to," I smiled and forced the food in his mouth while he grumbled. Suddenly- I was under him and was being mercilessly tickled. I giggled- trying to fight Lo'ak off.

"Surrender- please, surrender!" I gasped.

He stopped- smiling as he looked at me. Somehow- throughout the ordeal of him flipping me over, his knee had gotten in between my legs- and he decided to take advantage of this factor.

He smirked while pressing his knee up higher and harder. I whined- my arms flinging to his arms and eyes shutting.

"Do you think everyone's already left?" He whispered- leaning in closer to me.

I nodded eagerly- not caring if they were or not.