8

AN: TYSM FOR 1K READDSSSS I LUV U GUYS

Ronal stood aside as she let me, Lo'ak, Neteyam, Tsireya, and Aunong inside of hers and the Olo'eyktan's Marui Pod. Apparently Neteyam, Tsireya, and Aunong had been watching me and Lo'ak from inside the water, and Aunong had somehow 'let it slip' to his parents that Lo'ak had bonded with the outcast Tulkun. 

"I cannot believe you let him bond with the outcast!" Ronal scolded.

Tonowari spoke to Tsireya, "I am disappointed in you, daughter."

Tsireya blinked back tears, and I did too, remembering what it felt like to be scolded and told how much of a disappointment you are by your father. Especially my father. 

"No, you don't know him," Lo'ak began to argue.

"No Lo'ak," Tsireya warned. I knew he wouldn't stop no matter what, especially if it was about Payakan, and sighed bracing myself for what was next.

"Sit down," Tonowari said. Lo'ak took a seat and me, Neteyam, Tsireya, and Aunong remained standing. "SIT DOWN!" I immediately took a seat as well, realizing the Olo'eyktan spoke to me as well. "Payakn is a killer, so he is outcast."

"No, no he is no killer," Lo'ak replied trying to stay calm.

At this point Jake and Neytiri had arrived and Neytiri whispered to Lo'ak, "You speak to Olo'eyketan!"

Tonowari continued, "In the days of the first songs, Tulkun fought against each other for territory and revenge. But they came to believe that killing, no matter how justified, only brought more killing. This is the Tulkun way."

"No, I-" it looked like Lo'ak was about to give a long speech but decided otherwise at the look on the face of the man in front of him. "I know what I know." he shrugged.

"I'll deal with this one," Jake snarled and grabbed Lo'ak by the arm. 

I looked at him with a sorrowful expression as he was dragged away, and he kept his eyes on mine the whole time. 

                                                                                            - - -

I had caught up to Lo'ak as he stormed out of our Marui Pod onto one of the beaches and grabbed onto his hands.

"The storm will soon pass Lo'ak," I reassured him.

He came to a stop, "No it won't! Payakan didn't kill those boys. The demon ship killed his mother right in front of him, so he gathered the reef boys and young bulls to attack. The Sky People killed those boys, not him."

"But by the Tulkun way, Payakan bares those deaths," I tried to reason with him.

"But does he have to pay for it for the rest of his life? He knows what he did is wrong, and he would never do it again!"

"Come, we must tell your father this," I started walking away.

"No, I'm in enough trouble with my dad already."

"Jake will understand."

"No, he won't! He doesn't understand anything! The whole clan hates me!" he stretched out his five-fingered hand. "Demon blood! Alien! That's all they see!"

I took hold of his fifth finger and brought it to my collarbone. "I see you." His eyes filled with something I could not make out, and he looked at me with an intoxicated gaze. "I saw something today, Ma Lo'ak. A forest boy bonded with a Tulkun. I am very proud of you!"

He slightly smirked at this, and his hand came up to stroke my cheek, his other going down to grab my hip. I was taken aback by this move, and my arms dangled by my sides. I gained a little bit of confidence though, and snaked my hands around his back, bringing us only inches apart.