Bobby pointed to himself and Eddie, "We are gonna meet up with the 118. Rendezvous with us when you can."

"Copy that, Bobby," Travis replied. Lena groaned, and Travis smiled at her. A boat came and picked up the two. Travis searched his pockets for his phone.

"You okay there?" Lena asked. Travis finally retrieved his phone which was in a waterproof pouch. Lena watched as his fingers moved fast on the screen.

"Just tryna reach my Eds's son. I don't want him to worry about me and his father," Travis replied. Christopher's phone went straight to voicemail, so he sent a quick text to him instead.

"You love that kid, don't you?" Lena asked.

"Like he's my own."

Buck completely lost it. When he reached the VA point and tried to find out where Adrienne, Estelle, and Christopher were, he was directed to the black tent. The morgue.

His worst fears were coming true. All three people were dead. Buck borrowed a phone from someone and called the one person he knew would pick up; Maddie.

"Hello?" Maddie questioned, having not recognized the number. Buck sat himself down at a nearby tent.

"Hey, it's me," Buck replied.

"Buck? Where are you? I don't know this number."

"I borrowed someone else's phone. Maddie, I need your help," Buck says. He took a look at his surroundings, hoping for a sign that they were somewhere.

"Okay, um, tell me what's wrong. Are you hurt?" Maddie asks.

"Eddie dropped Christopher off with me. Travis, Adrienne, and Eddie thought that doing some activities would get me out of the house and—," Buck tried his best to hold in his tears. He took a second before continuing, "Adrienne planned an entire day for us to spend time together with Estelle and Chris."

"Maddie, we took them to the pier," He continued.

"Oh, my God, you were there?" Maddie asked.

"And I had him. Alright, Mads? Adrienne was with Estelle. I-I had him. I kept him safe," Buck says, "We were, uh... we were on top of the ladder truck, then the water receded—."

Maddie cut him off, "Okay, you're not answering me. Are you injured, bleeding?"

"No, it doesn't matter. Don't you hear what I'm saying?" Buck questioned. He didn't want to admit it, but it may just become reality, "They are gone. Adrienne, Ellie, and Christopher are gone."

"I've checked the emergency refuge camps at the Promenade, at the high school—," He tried to explain, only to be cut off by Maddie again.

"Okay, did you check the VA hospital? The command center, you know, on Sawtelle?" Maddie asked.

"I'm here now and he..," Buck looked around and spots Eddie and Travis at the VA's entrance. He was within eye's view of their eye's view, so he hid behind one of the tents.