Chapter 11 - Infiltrating Souls

Start from the beginning

"Stop laughing and help me! How do you put this on?'

"Like this." JD finally helped out, but a grin remained on his face. "Finally get it?"

"I think so." Andrew smiled once he got settled but glared playfully at JD after. "You're still laughing!"

"I can't help it."

"What do you mean you can't help it? I can't help it! I've never worn anything like this before." He pouted, then looked over at himself. "But it feels pleasant."

JD placed his head on an open palm. "You're so adorable."

A tint of red crept up on Andrew's face as he tried to push JD's face away.

"What?"

Andrew pouted and glared. "You do know I look just like you?"

"Well, yes, but I'm not adorable, and you are."

Andrew's blush deepened. "How does that even make any sense?"

JD shrugged, a soft and warm smile still present on his face.

He shook his head. Andrew's reactions only made him smile wider, but as his phone on the table vibrated, he knew he had to stop reveling in his younger brother's cuteness and get on to business.

"Okay, okay. We should go now."

"Hmph." Andrew's eyes shifted to JD's luggage. "What about your things?"

"It can stay here. Charles wouldn't mind."

Charles would, but he'd have no choice once JD leaves his stuff here.

JD grabbed his phone from the table and walked to the door. He turned around at Andrew, who had just finished adjusting his belt with the most adorable confused expression.

He stretched out an arm, prompting Andrew to raise his head and meet his older twin's glowing blue eyes.

"The gates are opened once more. Would you like to come inside?"

Wordless, Andrew smiled and took JD's hand.

"Come," JD whispered as light consumed Andrew's figure and slowly dissipated, a trace of soft yellow resembling his soul later snaked around JD's arm.

The transparent, barely visible soul reached JD's nape, and in an instant, JD was left alone, his soul scarcely flickering any light at the reunion of their souls inside him.

"We'll do this together, Drew."

"Mhm!"

-

"Where's your brother?"

JD reached the others by Abarly's gate, black hair in a low ponytail while wearing a cap and a mask to obscure his lower face.

"I didn't want to involve him."

"Eh? You didn't bring Drew with you?" Nicoli sighed. "I thought he seemed pretty stron-"

In a blink, JD's hand had traveled centimeters away from Nicoli's neck, his face close, and eyes shining in the bluest form Nicoli has ever seen.

"Sir St. Michael!"

"Don't call him that," JD said softly in contrast to how sharp his gaze pierced into Nicoli's.

"Eh..." Nicoli raised a brow, careful not to step on JD's buttons. "You called him that, so I thought that was his name. Wasn't it?"

JD leaned away, the navy flare on his hands fading.

"It's Andrew," JD paused. "Or AD for everyone else."

"Ah..." Nicoli looked at the sky, an unsure glint playing in his eyes. "I see. Andy, then?"