Portkeys & Vaults.

Start from the beginning

Wehead out of the cave appearing rather high up on a costal mountainfrom the looks of it, the sea crashing below us and seaguls flyingaround the rocks below.

"how far did that portkey take us?"I ask with an eyebrow raised.

Fig looks around his surroundings"Farther from London than the carriage travelled; we'resomewhere in the Scotish Highlands" I don't know what's moreimpressive Fig knowing where we are from some rock and the sea or theview.

Speaking of views: out in the sea is a tall island with ruinsat the top "Sir- those ruins do you think-" I point towardsthe island before I can finish my sentence Fig finishes it for me.

"that the portkey was meant to lead us there? Yes I do" helooked lost in thought again but then hopeful.

He looks at me"this has not been the day either of us expected; but Miriamsent that portkey to George for a reason and I believe that she-"he paused for a second a sombre look on his face "-and nowGeorge died in pursuit of whatever it was meant to lead to... ifyou're sure you're alright and wouldn't mind indulging me, I'd liketo have a look around".

I barely gave him a chance to finishbefore blurting out "absolutely Sir" what can I say? I lovean excuse for adventure!.

Fora place so secretly hidden with a portkey the path to reach the ruinswas pretty easy, a small barricade of ice that basic spells easilybroke down and a broken bridge Fig used repairo to fix and now we'restood in the ruins of what appears to be a scholar of some kindmaybe? We agreed to have a look around to see what could possibly beso important about some old rubble of someone's house. I notice asmall pathway leading round the back and follow it just like the restof the ruin it's just rubble and old pots.

Wait, there's that symbolagain... I walk up to the wall that has the same symbol as thecontainer holding the portkey had, it's slightly biggerand glowing and on the other side of the wall I cansee a room. The room doesn't seem to belong to the ruins, it's whiteand golden marble floors and pillars, I think I can make out a deskand some sort of gate? I call for Fig to come investigate.

Helooks at the wall "How odd, why would someone ofconjured that enchanted stone here?" the question seeming rhetoricalso I decide not to answer and to ask my own question.

"and how comes there is a room behind it?" I furrow mybrow trying to make the room our more but its slightlydistorted.

Fig tilts his head "what room? I don't seeanything?".

There's that glow again, the same glow that I sawon the container before... hmm I wonder. I reach my handout and touch the wall and it suddenly changes,the room I could see has disappeared and is now just acobblestone wall.

Aswe turn around both our eyes widen in surprise,the room I could see we are now standing in "where arewe?" I ask admiring the change of scenery from broken carriagesand damp caves.The floor is beautifully patterned made of marbleand the roof and walls seem to be ... stone?.

Figseems astounded "Godricks heart.. I don'tbelieve it" Fig doesn't elaborate as our attentionfalls on the sound of snoring.

We look over at the desk across theroom where a Goblin seems to be asleep, we approach the desk "hello?"I ask before Fig stands slightly infront of me in aprotective way "hello?.." I ask once morethis time louder startling the goblin awake.

Hesits up blinking a few times before fully understandingthere are two people infront of him. He has dark eyes. Longnails, sharp teeth, soft grey hair and long pointed earsand he is wearing a nice suit, perhaps some sort ofuniform?.

His eyes widen "it can't be!"Neither of us speak, unsure of what is happening "justone moment" the goblin announced before climbing downfrom his desk and joining us infront of it. He gave asmall bow "Welcome to Gringotts Wizarding Bank, vaultnumber 12 I presume?" He seems very excited for somereason, Fig and I share a quick look that only lasted a few mereseconds but spoke a thousand words... of course vault 12..that's why we're here.

Fig stands proud "precisely" the Goblinseyes narrowed and my heart sank worried we'dmessed up some sort of password "the key?"He asks extending his hand, Fig seems confused for a momentbefore handing over the portkey.

The goblin takes the key "thisway then" and heads towards the tracks for the machines they useto travel around the bank, I've heard of them before it's strangeseeing it in person. Fig looks at me "stay close" hehas caution written across his face and I give him a smallnod of acknowledgement before sitting on our ride.