"Mistress Shirley...never gave me a name."

𝑊ℎ𝑎𝑡'𝑠 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑝𝑜𝑖𝑛𝑡 𝑜𝑓 𝑐𝑟𝑦𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑤ℎ𝑒𝑛 𝑖𝑡'𝑠 𝑛𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟 𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛 𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑒?

"We've never even had a conversation."

"After Rummy and I started talking to each other, that's when Rummy first called me Rum." Rum said, raising her finger that is Rummy up to show Emilico.

"Mistress Shirley doesn't love me. I have no right to even try and save her." Rum said, voice shaking as tears continue flowing down her face.

"I had no idea." Emilico said.

"Furthermore, I only think about myself. You're always thinking about Kate, but all I ever thought about was how much I wanted to make it past the debut. I wasn't thinking about Mistress Shirley." Rum said, hands shaking.

"Mistress Shirley emits next to no soot, and her room barely needs cleaning. There's nothing for me to do. I want to make it past the debut, but maybe Mistress Shirley doesn't feel the same. I can't see her emotions." Rum said crying, she shouts the last part. The expression on her face shows that she's hurting from the inside.

"That's right. We can't see them. And because we can't see them, I use my imagination." Emilico said, Rum was shocked to say the least.

"The members of the Shadows family have it hard. Their soot only expresses their negative emotions. They can't see themselves. Perhaps that makes them feel anxious. Mistress Kate and I don't always get along so well." Emilico said to Rum.

"However, we don't want to increase the sadness they already feel." Emilico said while approaching Rum then moving her hair to the other side a little. Then she walks back.

"So I want to liven things up by having fun whenever possible!" Jumping around.

"Now I can't stop thinking about Mistress Shirley. Let's use our imagination!" Emilico said.

"Maybe she's like you and doesn't like to talk. And if she doesn't emit much soot, it means she's satisfied with you.

That seems to make Rum shocked.

"Perhaps she's so obsessed with cleaning that you never need to clean her room." Emilico said.

"Perhaps she's always trying to make you laugh by making funny faces." Emilico said making a funny face then drops it.

"Will I get in trouble for saying such things?" Emilico said scratching the back of her head slightly.

Rum laughs a little.

"I want to... Make it past the debut..." Rum said looking Rummy.

Then looking back forward.

"...with Mistress Shirley!" Rum said smiling.

Emilico runs to Rum hugging her.