"well, it might take you a few million years or.. well, your daughter made an orchid in a few minutes so yeah! just start small and you will be like me in no time!"

"what!? get ready for an eight-hundred-foot statue of pac-man with skeletor.. and heather locklear!" peter laughed, standing to his feet. "you can do anything you want." ego chuckled.

"i am gonna make some weird shit.. and knowing cass, there's gonna be a big ass garden somewhere." peter laughed.

"well, if she wants a garden, she can make one! hell, she's already started!"

"that's amazing. she really made a flower?"

"yep." ego laughed. "but you know, peter, it is a tremendous responsibility. only we can remake the universe. only we can take the bridle of the cosmos.. and lead it to where it needs to go."

"..how?"

ego slowly lit the tips of his fingers, and he pressed them all together. peter stared at ego's fingers, and ego chuckled and led peter out the room, oblivious to mantis breathing heavily and listening in.

"i'm too late.." she whispered to herself, before running off and towards drax's room.

-

drax huffed and rolled to his side. "do you really need to be in my room?" he asked cassandra, who was pacing anxiously around the room. "yeah, mantis told me to be here. sorry, sorry, i'm just.. where the fuck is she!?" she huffed, digging her foot into drax's mattress.

"i am trying to sleep, cassandra." drax mumbled, digging his face into the pillow. "he killed all those children, drax!" cassandra whisper-shouted. "doesn't that freak you out!?"

"people kill people all the time-"

"children, drax! and i have powers, drax!" cassandra shook drax's shoulders, and drax sighed and sat up, leaning on his elbows and readjusting himself.

"show me." drax sat up, watching as cassandra sighed and crawled on the bed next to him. she pulled his hand and grabbed it, wrapping her hand around drax's. drax watched as cassandra shut her eyes, and she focused as she gripped drax's hand. an energy slowly formed in drax's hand, and drax's eyes widened slightly. "what are you doing to me?"

"oh god, am i hurting you!?" the energy disappeared, and she sharply exhaled in defeat."no, i'm not hurt.. will it hurt?" he asked, brows raised.

"no, it shouldn't." cassandra shook her head."then do it again." drax reached his hand out, and cassandra laid her hand in his again, squeezing it and concentrating until the energy slowly reformed in their hands, and cassandra's eyes fluttered open as she grew the energy. she scooped it out of drax's hand and placed it in her own, and she shut her eyes gently and relaxed, slowly rubbing the energy together until it turned into a tall, violet orchid, with flowers standing tall. she handed it to drax, and he hummed amusedly. "thats quite neat."

"i mean, yeah, but it's also kinda scary." cassandra shrugged, scrunching her knees up to her chest. drax placed the orchid behind his ear, and he laid back down on his side. "can i lay down now?" he asked, even though he was already laying down. cassandra sighed and laid down next to drax. "what if mantis doesn't show?"

"i will rip her limb from limb-"

"yeah, okay, nevermind." cassandra sighed."so, why are the powers scary, exactly? and why can you only make orchids?"

"well, i can't only make orchids. i'm sure i can make other things." cassandra shrugged. "like.. uh.. i can make.. well, let me try." she sat up, and she shut her eyes. "what do you want me to make? something small, preferably."