𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘦𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵... 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗱𝗲𝗻𝗺𝗮𝗻 𝗮𝗳𝗳𝗮𝗶𝗿

Start from the beginning

"and what exactly are you going to say to her, lewis?" emma questioned the mccartney.

lewis replied firmly, "have a little faith, please. all i want is access to her lab. that's it."

alexa stated calmly, "we understand that, lewis. it's just that our secret has been threatened so much that we have to be cautious of our movements from now on. just be careful." which earned a nod of understanding from the mccartney.

emma pointed out in a blunt tone, "you're a sucker for a pretty face." she said, referring to dr denman.

"pretty face?" lewis repeated. he scoffed, "you think i noticed whether she was pretty or not?" which emma tilted her head at his question so he continued, "i'm a scientist. besides, she wasn't that special anyway?" his phone began to ring so he looked at his phone before he gasped, "ooh, it's her." he said before he got up from his seat and ran off to answer the call from dr denman.

"he's got her number programmed into his phone already." cleo stated as she rested her arm on the table whilst alexa moved to sit next to cleo in the booth.

the four girls turned their attention to lewis who answered dr denman's call and was now talking to her on the phone. emma, cleo and rikki had their heads propped on their hands whilst alexa had her knees and ankles tightly together and slanted her legs to the side and kept her hands down to her side.

rikki pointed out, "nervous laughter." she said, referring to lewis who was scrunching his nose to suppress a smile from escaping, "not good."

"is he twirling his hair?" emma questioned aloud as the four girls witnessed lewis twirling his hair with left hand whilst he used his right hand to hold the phone to his ear. he walked around the cafe before he sat on the pool table that two men were playing on which caused them to stop their movements. 

"we are in big trouble." cleo claimed as her instinct to protect her friends kicked in.

lewis had ended the call with dr denman after being asked to complete some work experience and made his way to sit on alexa's seat by the head of the table.

"well i'm convinced... you can't be trusted." emma told lewis as she thought back to his odd behaviour when he was on the phone to dr denman.

lewis questioned, "what?"

"lewis, forget about her for a minute. this is us we're talking about." emma said as she gestured to herself and the three girls, "do not reveal anything to her, do you understand?" she questioned the mccartney with a glare on her face.

alexa pointed out, "our secret has almost come out so many times and you're practically placing yourself at risk, lewis. be careful."

emma nodded her head in agreement to the rooney's words before she added, "we've got a lot riding on this."

in response to the rooney and gilbert's words, lewis simply leaned back in his seat and closed his eyes as he inhaled a deep breath.

👑

LEWIS HAD GONE BACK TO THE MARINE PARK TO START ON HIS WORK EXPERIENCE WITH DR DENMAN. so the four girls decided to do their own thing before they met up at lewis' house so they'd be informed of what he had been up to in his work experience that may threaten the mermaid secret. 

cleo had gone home to babysit her younger sister whilst emma had to take her younger brother to his surfing lesson with byron. rikki had decided to go home which left alexa to go down to the beach. she was sat on a blanket which was set on top of the sand as she observed the waves of the ocean. after everything that had happened between alexa and her group of friends, it was moments like these where she needed some time to herself and to admire the environment around her.