Accepting

Yoko locked herself in her room in the Vongola Headquarters, refusing to come out unless she needed to use the toilet or eat. The reason? She had trouble mixing around with the group. It wasn't the boys, it was the over-enthusiastic Kyoko and Haru. It wasn't that Yoko hated them for their enthusiasm or optimism, and it wasn't because she wanted to feel pessimistic. It was one of those feelings where she just couldn't find it in her to at least smile at them. She tried listening to music, it helped a little but not too much. She did not say anything about her behavior to anyone, especially the hard-working boys. She acted normal and she made sure to eat, although her appetite was a little off.

Unknown to her, Tsuna and the girls noticed her unusual behavior and decided to find out what had happened.

Tsuna found her constantly in her room. He wanted to help his sister with whatever was bothering her. But her room door would be locked so no one could enter. Even if she opened the door for a little five-minute talk, she would give a straight face and a one-word curt answer. Tsuna never felt this barrier with his younger sister before, especially since they were so close since they were young and they never kept any secrets.

What Kyoko found out was that Yoko was often heard singing solemn melodies when she was alone in her room. Her voice would be really muffled, so she couldn't make out what she was singing. But her tone and melody was enough to tell anyone, even the most insensitive person on Earth, what she feels. Kyoko tried talking to her and was constantly smiling at her if she had a chance to talk to Yoko. Yoko, on the other hand, would give a subtle, hardly noticeable smile and walk away after Kyoko was done talking. It would be rude to walk off when someone else was talking anyway.

What Haru found out was that Yoko would sometimes ask Bianchi for permission to play the piano that had been shifted from her palace to the hideout. It was a surprise to Haru since she did not know that Yoko could play the piano. Very well actually. Yoko kept that a secret to everyone, even her own brother. The only person who knew that she could play the piano was herself. When Haru would come into the room to compliment Yoko about her playing skills, the said teen would just close the piano cover and walk off, locking herself in her room once again.

The hitman tutor tried everything he could as well, but not to the extent of breaking Yoko's room door down. But as we all know him, he would always find one way or another to push the responsibility to Tsuna, saying that it was a boss' duty to do something about this. And since Yoko was his sister, all the more reason to do something. Tsuna felt that Yoko did deserve to have some privacy at least and he hoped that he would not be sticking his nose into where it doesn't belong by asking too much. Days passed and still no change in Yoko's behavior. The said teen's brother, too, couldn't focus on his training, resulting to Lal giving him 50 consecutive slaps. If this continued, it wouldn't be good for any of them. Tsuna then decided to settle things with her sister and hopefully get her out of her shell.

Tsuna stood in front of Yoko's room, thinking back... As he stood, he recalled how his sister did not get along with girls that were too girly and were all about desserts, fashion and all that. To be honest, that was the perfect description of Kyoko and Haru. Over the years, Yoko had always been the tomboy-ish girl who hates dresses and skirts more than anything else. She would dress in casual clothes most of the time, mostly polo tees and jeans. Yoko occasionally eats sweets and desserts but not every month, and certainly not everyday. Collecting himself, he knocked on Yoko's door, hoping that she would open up. But there was no reply. He tried to open the door and to his surprise, it was open. He peeked his head in, just to find his sister on the bed, curled up in sheets. He walked up to her and saw that she was asleep. "Are you going to stare like that? You're not gonna score on girls if you keep on acting like that, onii-chan," came Yoko's sudden statement as she opened her eyes a little. This made Tsuna jump, his hyper intuition had failed him! Tsuna scratched the back of his neck before replying, "Sorry. I thought you fell asleep."

"I did. Until you came in anyway. So... What do you want now?" Yoko asked as she turned to face her brother. Tsuna sat on the edge of her bed, looking straight at her into her eyes. Yoko noticed this and averted her eyes from her brother's. She knew he had something to say, and she had a feeling it was something she did not want him to find out about and talk about at all. Tsuna started by asking her to sit up, and sit up she did. "Why were you locking yourself in your room? Why were you avoiding everyone?" Tsuna continued. "You know that better than anyone else," Yoko said, looking straight into her brother's eyes with daring, brown ones.

"You, of all people, should know that I just can't get along with enthusiastic girls like Kyoko-chan and Haru-chan. Not that I hate them or anything... I just can't find any reason to like them," Yoko said with a fierce and unwavering tone, showing her discontent with the girls. "But we're going to need everyone's help from now on. If it weren't for them, we can't even train well. And I wouldn't have been able to discover the X Burner," Tsuna fought back.

"... Sure," Yoko said, barely audible. She didn't want to be the cause of disputes between her and her brother. She treasured their bond very much and she would rather die than see her brother walk away from her. She understood that the girls did not have bad intentions of course, but she didn't want to admit that maybe they could be friends. Yoko felt that being friends with them would result to her eating cakes, which she sort of dislikes, and dressing more like a girl. She felt that her personality would be taken away and she didn't want that either. She felt a prickling sensation in her eyes, indicating that tears were threatening to fall. At last, an almost silent tear fell.

Tsuna did not fail to notice this and brought his sister into a warm and comforting embrace, gently stroking her back to calm her down. "You don't have to be scared of changing. Everyone changes, even me. And I'm sure everyone, even Kyoko-chan and Haru, would still accept you for who you are. You can stop crying now," he said in a comforting tone. "Sorry," Yoko said and returned the embrace, before continuing, "Sorry for being selfish, Onii-chan." Tsuna shook his head and said that she did not need to be sorry, as long as she opens up from now on. Yoko nodded and smiled a radiating smile, one that she had not shown for a while. "I can go with you if you want to start opening up to the girls," Tsuna said, giving as much encouragement to his sister as he could. Yoko nodded and she followed her brother to the kitchen, to where the girls were.

When Kyoko and Haru came into sight, Yoko hid behind Tsuna's back, feeling uncomfortable around the girls. Kyoko and Haru then in turn ran up to her, feeling overjoyed that she finally came out of her room. Yoko squeezed Tsuna shirt, indicating to him that she felt really uncomfortable with what they were doing. Her brother stepped up and told them nicely that they were approaching her the wrong way. They had to go for it slowly, in a calm way that did not scare her.

Eventually, Yoko warmed up to them a little more and started talking a little more, but not yet into what she likes to dress and all. That would have to come later when she felt that she could trust them. But at this rate, Tsuna did not have to worry about his sister being lonely and left out anymore.

---------------------------------------------

Ok this is like literal crap. XD
But it shows how much I dislike the girls, except Yuni, Chrome, Bianchi and all those, and especially Kyoko and Haru.
Sorry Kyoko and Haru fans!