Micheal and I talked a little during the car ride to the restaurant but most of the time, I was focused on ignoring him by staring out of the window. He didn't comment on how bitchy I was being so that was plus. After what felt like forever, we entered into a driveway through majestic golden gates. I snapped out of my daze when I saw the mansion before me. But my dumb brain didn't lead me to the point until we were inside the mansion. And then it clicked. This was Micheal's house - the Kingston residence. I knew the family was known widely for being old money but this was whoa. Stopping my mouth from hanging open, I stared at Micheal, not knowing how to feel.

He'd bought me to his house for our second date after the first date didn't exactly go well. Who does that? If I went on a third date with him, did that mean he was going to propose? This whole bringing me to his house thing was an insane move and I wasn't the least bit impressed by it. Did I like the mansion? Hell yeah! But did I like the boy who would inherit it soon enough? Nope. I thought I could put an end to this bullshit tonight but with Micheal surprising me like this, I didn't know what to do as of the moment.

And more absurd than the fact that Micheal had bought me to his house this soon was that his house was weird. I found this out while he took me through a long hallway and some mini hallways to reach the living area where his family was. The floors of his house were carpeted black and the walls were painted a dark brown with numerous kinds of animal fur and I think I saw a few skulls being displayed as well.

My mind kept repeating one phrase 'what the fuck' as I walked through his house and I thought I would collapse into shock when we passed three showcases filled with different sized guns and bullets. I felt uneasy in his house and more uneasy knowing that this is what I'd expect in the house of someone considered to be a 'ball of sunshine' around town. Maybe this was all his parents but I couldn't be too sure of anything at this point.

Soon enough, I met Micheal's parents. His mother, the icy blue-eyed Lydia Kingston was as cold as the color of her eyes. She offered me a tight smile but didn't attempt anything afterward and stayed rigid through dinner, eating very little in extremely small bites. Micheal's father, strict looking Rhon Kingston was tall and looked every bit as uncomfortable with meeting me as his wife, maintaining his stiff posture through dinner.

Both of his parents weren't talkers. We'd conversed on a few basic topics dinner and the rest of the time, it was silent. Apart from Micheal, the other kids in the house included the little Kingston twins, Mia and Mason. They weren't very talkative either, quietly whispering amongst themselves and disappearing after dinner.

Mr. Kingston retired to his office soon after dinner and Ms. Kingston went upstairs to put the twins to bed. Micheal led me to his room. I felt like I'd been transported through time, into a black and white movie, as I entered his room. I know most people liked to keep their rooms monochrome but this felt a hotel room and nothing more.

It didn't feel like a person lived here. There were no pictures, no little things scattered about or anything much really. There was keeping your room neat and keeping your room monotonous and Micheal's room belonged to the latter category. I didn't like it. I liked color. Lots and lots of it. I wanted my room to be filled with things of me and at least look like I spent time in there.

I sat on the edge of Micheal's bed, biting my lip at the awkward ambiance of his room. I didn't feel nervous or excited to be in the room of the boy I'd had a crush on for the longest but rather just weirded out. Funny how one text message made me numb to the golden boy. I mean, my growing feelings for demon boy was on its way to accomplishing the same thing but the text did it first and I couldn't be happier.

Well, the text was one thing, then the kiss demon boy and I shared at Nolan's party was something entirely different that wiped the thought of other boys from my head altogether. I shook my head so I didn't think of that kiss because if I started then I wouldn't stop and I wanted to be a little mad at demon boy for vanishing after meeting me at the rooftop the day after the party. Micheal noticed how stiff I was and opened his mouth to say something when the doorbell rang. I exhaled a breath of relief.