THE BOY IN THE ICEBERG

SIX YEARS LATER

A Raven is seen flying past ice bergs.

Arne (narrating): Stay my blade from the flesh of the innocent. Hide in plain sight. Never compromise the Assassin Brotherhood. These are the tenets of the Creed. The principles I live by. I was a young warrior then. I could not have imagined what the future had in store for me... Nor the cost I would choose to bear... My name is Arne Ulfgarsson. This is my story.

A canoe is seen floating down an icy sea. In the canoe are Sokka, his sister's Katara and Kara and his best friend, Arne. In the boat Sokka holds a spear at the ready, while Arne, Katara and Kara simply stares into the water while the Raven lands on Arne shoulder.

Sokka: It's not getting away from me this time. Watch and learn, you three. This is how you catch a fish.

Kara and Arne rolled their eyes and Katara was indifferent to his claim and turns back to her side of the boat again. She looking down into the water over her shoulder, another fish quickly swims by her, close to where she sits. She shoots a quick glance toward her brother, removing the glove from her left hand. She stretches her arm out in the direction of the fish, taking a deep breath. Her look is a mixture of concentration and apprehension as she starts making a wavy motion with her wrist, moving her hand up and down. Katara continues to move her hand, the water in front of Katara. Suddenly, a bubble of water rises up from the ocean containing the newly trapped fish.

Katara: Sokka, look!

Sokka: Sshh! Katara, you're going to scare it away. Mmmm ... I can already smell it cookin'.

Behind Sokka, Katara is still making circular movements with both her arms, suspending the bubble of water that holds the fish in the air and moving back and forth. She then begins to struggle.

Kara: But, Sokka! She caught one!

The bubble containing her fish slowly drifts around her to hang over Sokka, who is still oblivious. As the bubble hovers over his head, Sokka raises his spear to strike the fish he was following. He bursts the bubble of water with the blunt end of his weapon, causing Katara to lose control of the water, it rains down on Sokka, soaking him.

Katara: Hey!

Arne and Kara: (laughs)

Sokka: Why is it that every time you two play with magic water, I get soaked?

Katara: It's not "magic", it's waterbending! And it's ...

Sokka: , yeah, "an ancient art unique to our culture", blah, blah, blah. Look, I'm just saying that if I had weird powers, I'd keep my weirdness to myself.

Kara: You're calling us weird? I'm not the one who makes muscles at myself every time I see my reflection in the water!

Arne: She has point.

Sokka was flexing at his reflection in the water and grinning confidently. His happy look vanishes upon hearing his sister's remark. The canoe suddenly shudders causing the Raven to fly off. As they try to keep from falling over, Sokka whirls around toward his end of the canoe, a frantic look on his face. The boat is caught in a rapid current, which is pulling it swiftly toward a jumble of large icebergs which block the end of the narrow passage formed by the towering walls of ice. Sokka and Arne paddle the boat in an attempt to stay clear of any floating chunks of ice. They manages to gain just enough speed to keep the boat from being crushed by two icebergs which slam together behind the boat. The canoe is nearly pinned by a number of smaller chunks of ice.

Katara: Watch out! Go left! Go left!

The boat manages to stay clear of some of the icebergs, but it veers to the right with the current and becomes pinned by three large chunks of ice. As the canoe is completely crushed by the ice, Katara, Kara, Sokka and Arne throw themselves from the canoe and onto one of the floes. Katara, shuffling on her hands and knees, moves away from the rim toward the middle of the floe, sitting next to her brother. Kara looked up a noticed that she landed on top of Aiden and immediately got up while blushing.