snowed in

Darkness casted over the quiet streets of your boyfriend's neighborhood. The trees frosted over, you knew you would have to spend the night, but you decided to wait until it seemed you were about to leave to bring it up. You stood in his room, aimlessly fidgeting with your hair, touching up your makeup as if it would miraculously change the way you looked. It was your first night hanging out with Matt's brothers and friends. They all seemed so fun, all you wanted was to seamlessly blend in with them. Make snarky jokes that made everyone laugh and talk about how nice Matt is to you, earning you a proud smile from him when he walks in the room and notices you were talking good about him while he was gone, leaving his brothers to fake gag and ask you if you were speaking of the boy they knew.

  That girl was you, you knew it was, and so does Matt. But you aren't like that right off the bat. It took you some time to get comfortable in front of Matt, let alone his people. You heard Matt in the living room saying he'd go see where you were. You heard his foot steps in the hallway, swiftly opening each door to see where you were. You could've just stepped out of the room, but you needed the extra minute.

  "Hey pretty, what's taking you so long? Nick is dying to share some story but he said he wants to wait for you. Apparently you get my brother more than me." He scoffs with a smirk, leaning on the doorway. God he looks so good standing like that. His hair effortlessly fluffy, curled in all the right spots. Perfectly looking at doing nothing. You blushed at your own thoughts, leaving Matt to laugh at you because he always knew what you were thinking, just like you always knew what ran through his mind.

   You walked up to him, purposely under the door frame where he was leaning. His light cologne intoxicated the air you were breathing. You smiled at him and he slithered his hand into the loop hole of your jeans. Butterflies swarmed your stomach, invading the serene aura the two have you have built. You wanted to fall into his arms so you didn't have to face him, a habit you've made that always fills him with so much pride that it angered you. "Just needed a second. I don't really think I prepared myself that well. I thought it would've been a smaller gathering, I guess?"

"Oh y/n, you should've told me. It's my fault, I should've specified how much people were coming. I forgot how these things are kinda new to you-" you slid your hand into the hand he had resting on your hip. You let your intertwined hands dangle softly between you two. "You're too good to me. None of this is your fault love." He blushed at the statement, causing him to go quiet. You snaked your hands on his neck and stretched a tad to place quick kiss on his soft lips. Matt was left in a daze, still aching for more. Like the tease you were, you left him stranded and squeezed his hand. "Let's go, I'm sure Nick can't wait any longer."

You led him to the living room where his brothers and friends were dispersed along the couch. "Finally that took forever. I wonder why." Nick said giggling while Chris wiggled his eyebrows. Matt shot them both a look and you laughed.

Nick went on about the man he saw earlier who looked way too normal, to the point that he could blend into any era of time. He came to the conclusion that he was a time traveler. The boy was at the edge of his seat, dissecting all the factors as to why he was a time traveler. The three of you were deeply invested into his conversation. You wholeheartedly agreed with Nick, budding in the conversation here and there.

Matt's friends laughed at Nicks quick witted jokes. You didn't notice it until you looked down but your hand was shaking. You looked away hoping it would stop, believing that if you pretended it wasn't, it would go away. You felt the weight of someone's hand holding yours. You turned to reveal it was Matt's. You nervously laughed, "I think I had a little too much coffee today, that's probably why I'm-" "you don't have to explain yourself, baby. Do you want a water or something?" Matt's expression melted into something more empathetic. He's been there and he knew it wasn't the nicest. You gave him a reassuring smile and told him you were alright.

You talked with Madi and you surprisingly had a lot in common. You gushed over Lana Del Rey and your favorite shows. You laughed about things the triplets do, and she laughed along. You felt Matt looking towards your way, but you pretended that you didn't see him and continued to conversate with Madi. Matt smiled giddily at the vision of you laughing with his friends and brothers. A beautiful collision of both of his worlds.

  Soon enough people started to leave, and the snow wasn't stopping anytime soon. You felt more secure in yourself and the connection you had with his brothers. Matt looked out the window and looked back at you. He giggled and placed his hands on your shoulders. "Wellll, it's pretty late. And gosh have you seen the roads? Phew, they really iced over." You played along laughing, "Wow you're right, god what do I do?" He gripped his hand onto your hips earning a giggle from you. "Are you taking requests? Because I think I have an amazing idea. Hear me out: spend the night here." "Woah, what an innovative idea! I would've never came to that conclusion. What an idea. Uhh, I don't know though." Chris and Nick stood at the end of the hallway, sick of you both.

"God don't drag it out, just spend the night. It'll be fun!" Nick said, tired of your playful flirting. "Nicks just jealous because he has no one to play with." You laughed, astonished by Matt's statement. You and Chris looked at each other in shock, leaving Matt and Nick to hash it out. After they finished brawling they both joined you on the couch. You turned the tv on watching whatever Netflix played.

The mishmash of all the blankets amongst you guys, the soft ambience you guys created was soothing you to sleep. Matt's arm was resting on your back, rubbing back and forth against your skin. For Matt, this was probably something he did with no care, but it fogged your mind, making it hard to think about anything else. He took your chin into his hand, you smiled ardently. "You ready for bed?" you answered by unsteadily standing up with a sleepy smirk smeared on your face. "Yeah let's go." You were in Matt's bathroom brushing your teeth, you left the door open as you weren't using it. He looked at you in the mirror, smiling from his bed.

  Your mouth was occupied with your toothbrush in the way. "What?" You muffled softly, looking at him through the mirror. He laughed at you. "You're so pretty". You blushed and closed the bathroom door behind you. You crawled into Matt's lap, looking into his captivating eyes. Those eyes that always leave you wanting more. Matt fumbled at the hem of your shirt, his face a hue of pink. He looked back into yours. "You're pretty too" you whispered. You lean in to kiss him, he enthusiastically leaned in too. He pressed his hands into your hips. You trailed a path of soft kisses along his neck.  You confidently look up at him, seeing how you left him in a daze. You rub his cheek and turn to shut the lights off. Matt snaked his hands around your waist and laid his head on your chest. You threw you hands in his hair and stroked his soft, fluffy strands.
  "I'm glad it snowed." Matt muttered under the warmth of your skin. "Me too pretty boy." You felt him smile against your skin.

a/n:
this one was a longer one haha, it's been snowing where I am so this scenario came to mind. hope you enjoyed!
Feedback is highly appreciated and welcomed
- nana <3