Ice

A/n a shorter chapter then the usual, sorry but I couldn't think of anything else to add to this one and I didn't want to make it awkwardly cropped at the end. Also sorry about the late update,my wifi crashed last night so I couldn't update yesterday
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Alexander proceeded to beat every man the merfolk send his way without breaking a sweat.

"You said your army was extremely capable, yet here they are unable to even beat a kid." Aleksei said, standing next to the twins with his arms crossed.

"We didn't expect him to be this talented." The girl said.

"He is talented but he is also a kid who had no military training prior to this, you're telling me your best soldiers can't even handle that?" Aleksei asked.

"As you know, we are peaceful people." The boy said.

"And all out war doesn't care about your peace. If Morningstar develops a way to get to your cities you are doomed. She won't even need to use her army, two silencers would be more then enough to bring your whole city to their knees.

"Are you insulting us?" The twins asked in union.

"I am insulting your defense systems." Aleksei corrected and took the goblet in front of him, the drink they gave him was supposed to be elven wine, though it didn't come close.

"You are aware that your own army is not much to brag about, what do you have? The order and a fistful of soldiers? That's not an army." The girl said.

"My army is none of your concern, and you should keep in mind that I am still your king. Now as your king I order you to either help Alexander learn to control his powers or there will be consequences." Aleksei barked, easily angered as usual.

The twins walked towards Alexander, feeling humiliated that their court just saw someone order them around like two obedient dogs.

What followed was hours of training only for Alexander to make little to no progress at all. The twins gave it their all, every trick there was was tried and resulted in nothing.

"Alright to hell with peace and tenderness and all that bullshit. No breathing exercises will get him to be a fighter ready to kill. Alexander, you will fight against me but you can't use anything other then water." Aleksei said and marched to the center of the fighting ring.

"What?!" The twins said in union, offended at the barbaric way Aleksei just called their techniques bullshit.

"Shut up! Listen to me Alexander. I want you to think of what makes you rage, what makes your blood boil. Let the anger flow through your veins, let it absorb you and consume you. Give into your rage." Aleksei urged.

Alexander didn't need to be told twice, he remembered all of his days before Aleksei saved him. Every day of being spat at and kicked around, in freezing cold and in scorching sun. He remembered the feeling of hunger after not eating for days on end. Hot rage filled his body, it called for fire, destruction it brought with it. But it clicked then, water can also bring destruction. He thought of all the snow, the ice that chained the kingdom in unbreakable shackles and wasn't letting go. He also saw the way everyone there was looking at him, they saw him as a kid, their eyes mocked him. They saw him as weak, and it angered him.

He realized that snow, the freezing, cold, white snow that he saw every day, it was also water. Frozen water but still water. He felt the hot rage in him slowly change into the harsh bite of ice against skin, the burning it caused.

When Aleksei hurled a fire ball at him he had created an ice wall for long enough to dodge, it melted under the hellish temperature of the fire ball but it stood long enough for him to move out of the way.

"That's it! More, stronger! Make it withstand the heat!" Aleksei yelled and threw another fire ball.

It went back and forth, a fire ball for an ice wall. Back and forth for hours until finally Alexander managed to make a wall that stood even against a fire ball. Only a thin layer of it melted away but it remained standing.

"That's it. Good." Aleksei said, his breath wasn't even slightly hitched but it didn't matter. Alexander finally managed to do it. He'd just been thinking of water as purely liquid.

"Let's go back now, it's already well past midnight. Have a moment to calm down and rest." Aleksei said.

"Why did you bring him to us if you could've done it yourself?" The girl asked.

"He needed the push, he saw the way your worthless soldiers were mocking him. How could a useless bunch like them have the nerve to mock him?" Aleksei explained, enjoying the way he saw how offended the twins got but didn't dare say a word.

"Our soldiers are good enough for our purposes." The boy tried.

"Will you tell the same to Morningstar once she develops technology strong enough to invade your cities?" Aleksei asked.

"She will not, the water here is too deep." The girl said confidently.

"If she's not the one to invade them make sure you remember that you are still my subordinates. Once I defeat her I will come to reclaim everything that is rightfully mine. Your little government system lasted this long only because I allowed it, but your time is coming to an end." Aleksei warned and left, followed by Alexander.

They returned and Aleksei made sure to escort Alexander to the safety of his room, the other four were still wide awake and waiting.

He lingered long enough to hear their affectionate whispers and kissed, it saddened him since he knew they were still kids but were doomed to be thrust into the rage of war soon.

He went to his castle, up to the room he only recently shared with Theo again, and spend the night awake but still dreaming.