In front of them, almost glowing with light, was the goddess herself. They admired her lean form, her raven hair. She looked like a warrior and a queen. But when they looked her in the eyes, it was like seeing their own souls. It was as if they were looking at the moon, the most precious to the wolves. No one said a word. They have all been waiting for their Luna, but nothing could compare to this moment, how they felt when they saw her, right in front of them.

Maximus was frozen. When his eyes landed for the first time on this woman, it was like time stopped around him. He could not hear anything besides his thumping heart. No words could describe his soulmate. He admired her long hair, anxious to run his hands through it. Her face was like no other's, sculpted to perfection. Her lips were plump and red, fitting her heart-shaped face. High cheeks, yet all her features were delicate. But her eyes..oh he could look at them forever. They were like an endless sea, but it wasn't the colour of them that made you frozen. It was their depth. You could see yourself though them. Almost silver, like the moon.

Like a bucket of ice, they got back from their trance, as they saw her craunch next to the dead rogue. With her long fingers in his fur, they heard her whispering. Her hands glowed silver and the ground swallowed the wolf. All were speechless. Flowers bloomed in his place. „Rest in peace, friend." They watched her caress the silver petals, almost like petting the now gone wolf.

„Oh my Goddess!" Selene was confused for a moment, forgetting people were not used to her powers, unaware of them. Mathias approached her again. 

„Come Selene, meet my brother. You were right, he wasn't mad at me!"

So my mate did indeed keep Mathias safe. Maximus didn't know what to think. Who is this woman? How did she do that? The child grabbed her hand, starting to move her forward. I want to touch her hand. She didn't move. Craunched down, Selene whispered in his ear.

 "I told you I can't leave my home, little wolf." 

„But Selene, you have to come!" Selene scanned her surroundings. She could see houses in the distance, what looked like homes to these wolves. A piece of land stretched right at the border, empty of any life. It looked like a battleground. This must be where they train. 

„Please Selene, at least for the day, they really really want to meet you!" She couldn't help the smile appearing on her face. Oh, this pup.

„Ok, just for the day" she nodded.

Maximus took long, silent steps in their direction. He approached gently, as if she would evaporate in front of him at the slightest sound. Standing in front of her, she was even more beautiful, breath taking. A small, soft nose that fit her face perfectly. Long, wavy hair, looking like silk. Her lips were reddish and full. But her eyes, oh her eyes. He could get lost in them. He felt like he could see his soul through them. He reached his hand forward, to touch her cheek. She held in a breath, not expecting the sudden contact.

Selene did not know who the man in front of her was, but assumed he was the 'Max' Mathias kept talking about. At the close proximity, with his hand on her cheek, she saw the sun in his eyes.  She scrunched her eyebrows, confused. Golden, full of life. She felt content for the first time in so long. These feelings were so new to her. Who is this man? She stopped for a moment to appreciate his form. He was very big, muscles all around. His hair was dark, like hers and looked soft to the touch. She had a strong urge to caress it. She could not overlook the scars littering his body. He truly looked like a warrior, a king she thought. Who is this man?

„I'm Maximus, moon." He responded, almost as if he could hear her thoughts. 

She tilted her head a little, the gesture bringing joy to him. So she is intrigued too. Good. „Maximus" Oh, his name coming from her lips was melting his heart.

"My name is Selene" He smiled at her, proud he was blessed with a mate that was not afraid at the sight of him, like most were when they met him.

 „Would you like to come see my pack?"

„Your pack?"

 „Yes, love, my pack, Ironblood." It was not the moment to tell her of his status of King, as he thought she would get scared of him and his reputation.

 „Ok"

„Yes, Selene, come play with me and Eli!" Mathias grabbed her hand again and dragged her towards the wolves, who remained silent at the sight.

 „This is Beta Ben and Beta Gen...and this, this is Gamma Troy. You should wait and see him fighting, he is the best! He takes care of the Nighshades and will train me to become one, like I told you!" Selene giggled at his anticks.

 „Hello!" They all looked at her with wide eyes, not believing that their future Luna was in front of them. Gen was the first to get out of her trance.

 „It is a pleasure to meet you, Luna."

 „Luna?" Selene was confused. 

„Oh". She saw their eyes going down, like they were ashamed of themselves. The wolves put it together, that the woman in front of them has lived all her life in the Cursed Lands and she wasn't aware of their titles and pack's way of life.

Maximus took her hand in his and guided her towards the house. 

„Come, moon. You must be tired. I understand you like tea? I'll make you some". The werewolves were dumbfounded at the gentleness of his voice, being accustomed to their King being serious all the time. Making tea? But they understood, as some of them had mates of themselves. You would do anything for them, the love present from the first moment. They all watched as the royal pair walked towards the pack house, the aura of them both astonishing.