Chapter - 10 Merry...Bahumbug...

Start from the beginning

Make your Christmas miracle come true, Rose...

"Shut up..." I grab the present wrapped decently in bacon gift wrap and bring it to the kitchen for Barry.

"Okay, so I know this is probably the lamest gift I could get you-"

"Rose, it's from you I'm sure I'll like it." I hand him the gift and he shakes it.

"I wonder what it could be?" He says with a smile.

He rips it open and I see his eyes light up.

"Rose, you got me the first edition of Einstein's theory! This is perfect."

He hugs me and I can't help but burry my face into his chest.

Make a move Rose....

You know you want to...

Right on the kitchen counter...

My inner voice giggles and I let Barry go, internally glaring at her.

Barry's phone rings and he answers it.

"...Yeah, I'll be right there..." He hangs up and looks at me.

Gosh, Allen don't stare at me like that or I'll actually listen to my inner thoughts and jump your bones.

"As much as I would love to spend the rest of the day with you I have to go to the office for a little bit. But I'll be back soon okay?"

"Okay." He kisses my cheek and smiles.

"I'll see if I can talk to Iris for you."

"Thanks Barry." He walks out with his gift and I look after him.

"Love you..." I whisper to myself.

I walk into the empty living room and think.

"Here's another Christmas without you mom." I think about when I was little and mom was alive...

She use to always let me put the star on the tree after it was all finished.

"Be careful Rosebud."

"I will mommy." I would sit up on my dads shoulders and put the star right on top of the tree.

I wipe my tears as the memories begin to fade.

"Time to play Santa." I grab the presents I have for everyone back at S.T.A.R. Labs and pour some of the eggnog into a thermal.

I stand on my roof and take off flying.

This is going to be the best Christmas ever.

I just know it...

"Merry Christmas. Just a few gifts for all of you helping Barry and me." I pass everyone a gift.

"I think I speak on behalf of my colleagues when I say you and Mr. Allen have been the best gifts for us by far." Dr. Wells says with a smile.

"What's that?" Caitlyn asks as I take the thermal out of my bag.

"This is complements from my sister, with a dash from yours truly. Grandma Esther's famous eggnog."

"That's what I'm talking about." Cisco says as he goes to grab a few mugs.

"Maybe later for me, wouldn't want to drink and drive." Dr. Wells says as he wheels away with a sad expression on his face.

"Did I say something wrong?" I asked in a whisper to Caitlyn.

"No."

"No, this used to be Dr. Wells favorite time of the year, but the accident happened before Christmas, so... kind of ruin the holidays." Cisco explain.