Prologue

---Halfway through
Freshman Year---

~Jades POV~

I opened the main doors walking into Lakeview High. I walked past the typical groups of a highschool. The goths,cheerleaders, jocks, nerds, sluts, the average people and of course the Bad Boys. They run the school. There's four of them; Preston, Justin, Hunter and Aidan.

I don't really belong to a group, me and Blaze just stick together, like we have since we were 3. We met when Blaze used to live next door to me and his brother never got along with my own. Blaze and I used to sit and watch all the arguments and games to see 'who was better', between the two 7 year olds. This went on until Blaze moved to another house when we were 8. But by then we were inseparable.

I walked towards my locker, thinking about what Blaze and I did last night. I resisted the urge to laugh when I remembered the different challenges we did at my house. The salt and ice challenge, the cinnamon challenge, the chubby bunny challenge, you get the point.

I opened my locker, slightly confused as to why Blaze wasn't standing there waiting for me like every other day. Shrugging it off, I grabbed my books and started my walk to the other side of the school, where the library is, since I had a half hour until my first class.

After about 5 minutes of avoiding, and walking around big crowds in the hallways, I finally made it to the stairs. I started up the stairs but stopped in my tracks when I saw his back to me and heard the familiar voice.

"Jade's not even my friend. She's just a nerd" He started laughing along with all the others he's with. I tried to ignore the stab in my heart that his words caused. I watched and listened carefully, holding onto the last bit of hope that it wasn't Blaze.

"Why are you even friends with a loser like her?" I recognised that to be Preston Stepford's voice.

I bit my lip, waiting for his reply. What brought all this on? We were fine yesterday!

"She's rich man. She maybe a shy, ugly, loser. But her family is loaded. The few times I have managed to convince her to be less uptight, which wasn't hard, the parties were a blast. She's such a push over." He laughed as I felt my heart break into pieces.

He used me for my family's money? He knows that I don't get along with my family, especially my step-mum and my dad. They couldn't give two shits about me.

I listened to him laugh about how ugly I am, with the Bad Boys of Lakeview high. Let me explain how this school works, if you even so much as look at one of the bad boys; Preston, Aidan, Hunter and Justin, they would have the right to bully you until you couldn't take it anymore and you transferred schools.

They're the most good looking boys in our school, with all the girls falling at their feet. I didn't even think they knew about me- obviously I was wrong.

Did he really think I was ugly..? I glanced down at my loose sweat pants, battered converse and oversized Beatles sweater. My hair was a dirty blonde colour and ended just above my shoulders, and yes like a typical nerd I do wear glasses.

I let out a small sniffle which wasn't the smartest thing to do since it caught their attention. I looked up into Blaze's eyes, ignoring the other Bad boys.

"How could you say that? I thought we were friends.." I mumbled quietly as a wave of fresh tears hit me.

He laughed a humourless laugh and walked towards me. "Well, you see JJ-" I flinched a little at the way he said the nick name he came up with for me. "-you never really meant much to me. I've been speaking to these guys for a while and let's just say, the whole school is going to enjoy watching you snort cinnamon powder and shove 18 marshmallows into your large, ugly mouth." He smirked as the boys laughed behind him.