Wedding Night

The sun fell warmly and very yellow through the windows of the church in which the wedding party ran through the rehearsal. After dinner, 98 set up some rustic tins in the back of the building. We filled them with drinks to make them nice and heavy, forcing us to ask a big, strong man for help. To our complete surprise, 81's dad obliged us! Upon seeing the tins, I could see that 98 had done a beautiful job of scuffing up the metal. His fingers scooped underneath, his hands swooped in, and his arms lifted them up–until they weren't! His yelp, how beautifully orchestrated! Who could've seen this coming?

He turned around, "Do either of you girls have a tissue?" he held one hand in the other, with a gash bleeding red. Our faces probably turned red too.

"Uh, no, sorry." I said.

"That's fine. I'd just hate to bleed everywhere while trying to find a sink." He rushed out, "and don't pick up the tins, girls, it's very sharp and dangerous!" he called out over his shoulder meanwhile our shoulders slumped.

"4, I believe you because I've invested enough time in the idea, but I also don't believe you." She spoke vaguely so we couldn't be readily understood. "They've all been nothing but nice to me and now that we have anti-proof, I, well I have only heard the things you've told me and things aren't adding up..."

"I know..." I succumbed. I lowered my voice, "That's why we're going to their house tonight."

"What?!"

"Psh, no not like in a creepy way. The mother is hosting a little "zen" party tonight to help the wedding party people release stress or something. It was optional, so I wasn't sure if I wanted to go, but now you and I are gonna go and I'm gonna find me some solid, secret proof!" I resolved.

The sun and moon had swapped sky shifts. In our new location, 823, 82, and I all gathered in the female-dominated space of 81's mom's workout room. 98 and I had haphazardly agreed that she would stay with the ladies while I would prod around the house in search for the bottle closet to sneak her back a bottle and prove to her that I wasn't insane. Then again, 98 didn't want to put herself at risk, so this plan was very safe for her.

About half an hour to an hour into the stupid stretching, I asked 81's mother for help, "[name], I'm not sure I'm feeling the stretches as well as I should be because of my joints..."

"Oh darling, would some heat help? Would you like to try our sauna?"

"Only if you insist, so how do I get there from here?"

She gave me the instructions, which I tried to understand so that I could refind my way to the closet. Thankfully, the workout room was close to both the sauna and the closet. I walked around, finding my way to the closet. I wanted the amount to be enough to show 98, yet not so much that it would horrendously weigh down or protrude from my coat pocket so I grabbed the smallest bottle. Ah yes, because every poison closet should be stocked with a travel-sized, limited edition, sparkle poison.

I closed the doors and headed for my purse, back in the coat room... somewhere. The rich house annoyed me, ends hallways. How many rooms did a three person household need?

"Going somewhere?" 81 asked as I pass by a kitchenette, swirling a drink in his hand. "You look curious. Want me to make you some? It's a blueberry smoothie—full of axioxidants."

"No thank you." I said as he sipped the last of his fruit drink.

"Well, you still look curious," he set his glass in the sink and walked over to me, "or at least like you have something concerning you. What's up?"