12 - you are tsahik

Start from the beginning

She had started to cautiously descend towards it, before reminding herself of all the attention Lauriet received when she 'found' hers, Ivy did not wish for that, part of her was grateful Laurite had stolen it so she wouldn't have to go through that, the other part of her was pissed off, she was mostly pissed off.

Sure it was a pretty shell for her collection, but it was just a shell, she could find others, this was an island after all.

She shook her head and the small animal almost looked annoyed as she turned on her heel and strided away, trying to shake the uneasy feeling she took along with her.

A coincidence.

🌿🐚

As soon as Ivys eyes opened she jumped up and launched through the fabric blocking out the light, she didn't even stop to try let her eyes adjust to sun as she speedwalked to the Sullys marui pod.

It didn't matter how tired she was, because she'd been tossing and turning all night thinking about Kiri and Lo'ak, and their strange interaction from earlier, how was she supposed to look him in the eye?

She was terrified of what she'd find awaiting her and silently begged Eywa that Kiri would be ok.

She turned the corner into the Marui Pod to see, she didn't know what she expected to see, Neytiri has curled up next to the unconscious girl, the rest of the family were nowhere to be seen.

She backed out, the poor mother must of been exhausted, she deserve to rest, she turned on her heel and saw Lo'ak was sitting a while sway down, dangling his feet over the edge, she took a deep breath telling herself to grow up and directed her path to him.

"Hi" she said softly as she crouched down to sit next to him instead of her usual morning insult, he must of been worried sick about Kiri.

He plan had originally been to avoid Lo'ak at all costs, but she needed information on Kiri, she was just gonna have to swallow down her anxiety and suck it up.

The breeze tickled her feet as they hung over and her shoulder brushed Lo'ak "are there any updates?"

He sighed looking to her "not on Kiri, Norm and Max are flying in to come check on her" he informed.

She swallowed and nodded, terrified for her friend, she couldn't loose Kiri, the girl who randomly gifted her small pieces of her crafts and jewellery, the girl who plaited a few small braids into her hair when she was bored, the girl who would of dropped everything to check on Ivy.

No, she wasn't going to loose Kiri, if this seizure was deadly it would of done it's job by now, she's still alive her heart is thumping and she's still breathing.

Though Kiri was a peaceful girl, Ivy knew her as a fighter, maybe not in the physical sense, but Kiri wouldn't give up.

"Are you ok?" Lo'ak asked while she watched two large pink jellyfish beneath their feet, their long stingers trailing behind them and darker stripes defining their body.

Ivy looked up, this wasn't how it was supposed to be, Kiri was Lo'aks sister not Ivys, she should of been comforting him, granted she was never very good at that, she was never any good with emotion, anything remotely sappy made her want to throw herself off her ikran.

She was having trouble looking at Lo'ak, with everything that happened yesterday, with the way their lips had almost touched, one time wasn't a big deal, a mere mistake, but twice? Less then an hour later, that was no accident.

Lo'ak gazed awaiting an answer, her eyes reminded him of his favourite moon.

"I—" Ivy began to answer, she'd caught his eyes again, she really like his eyes.