𝑬𝒍𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏

I know Schlatts parents are in New York but for the sake of the story, they're living in Austin. :)
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧        .·:·.*═══╝

"How do you feel about meeting my parents? My mom texted and asked if you'd want to go over for dinner." Schlatt asked Evelyn. It had been a couple days since the mother and daughter arrived and they loved it there.

"Oh. Uhm, maybe. Does she know about Cassie?" Evelyn turned to him. Cassie was taking a nap after running around at the beach all day with Schlatt, Evelyn, Charlie, and Grace. The two adults were in the kitchen that afternoon finding a snack. Schlatt was silent. "Jay, does she know about Cassie?"

"No." He mumbled.

"I can ask Charlie and Grace to watch Cassie while we are at dinner, but you have to tell your mom before we go." She sighed walking off to wake up Cassie. Schlatt rubbed his face and opened his mother's contact.

"John! Are you coming for dinner tonight?" Straight to the point like always.

"Maybe. There was one little detail I didn't tell you. Evelyn has a daughter. She's asking Charlie to watch her tonight, but she thought you should know before we come over."

"Johnathan!" Oh shit, full first name, not good. "You should've told me she had a daughter before dinner. I would've made enough or something extra for her child. Cause I don't think- wait how old is she?"

"Five."

"I don't think five year olds will like what I have cooked."

"You're not upset?"

"Upset she has a kid? No. Your both adults, you both know your limits. Plus she's twenty four? Twenty five? So it wasn't a teen pregnancy. Stuff happens, life happens. You can't blame people for things they couldn't control." Schlatt let out a sigh of relief. He was grateful he had an understanding mom. "Dinner is at seven, don't be late."

"Okay, bye mom. Love you." He said before hanging up. Evelyn walked back into the kitchen with Cassie trailing behind her. After getting her a snack Evelyn turned to Schlatt.

"So?" She asked.

"She's completely cool with it. She actually got upset that I didn't tell her anything earlier. Said she made food that most five year olds wouldn't like and that if I told her before hand she could've made something for Cassie."

"This is why when you tell you parents your bringing home your partner, you need to tell them if they have kids." She smiled giving him a peck on the lips.

"In my defense, I didn't know how she'd react."

"And I didn't know how you'd react to meeting me and Cassie, but here we are."

"Fair point." He said leaning down for a longer kiss.

"Eww! Not in front of my food!" Cassie shouted covering her food as if it had eyes.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

That night Charlie and Grace came over to watch Cassie while Evelyn and Schlatt went to his parents. Evelyn was nervous before but hearing how his mother reacted to her having a child helped her calm down a little bit. Once the pulled up to the house Schlatt noticed her bouncing leg that didn't seem to calm down anytime soon. "Breathe. It's all going to be okay."

"I know, just nerves." She said and her leg stopped. They walked up to the door and his mother opened it.

"You must be Evelyn. Come on in. Dinner will be done in like two minutes." His mother ushered the couple into the warm home.