𝑻𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆

After dinner they all came back and Charlie had gone to bed considering he was tired from the flight. Schlatt couldn't seem to sleep. The moment on the couch replayed in his head over and over again. He decided to go get a drink of water from the kitchen since he realized he wouldn't be sleeping anytime soon. He quietly got out of bed and walked towards the kitchen. As he turned the corner he notice the light on and what sounded like a key board being tapped. He saw Evelyn sitting at the island with multiple papers surrounding her. "What are you doing up?" He asked, his voice groggy from not speaking for so long. She jumped at the sudden noise.

"Shoot. Sorry, did I wake you?" She asked as she calmed her racing heart.

"No. You're all good, jet lag is a pain so I couldn't sleep." He said as he looked around for cups.

"Cupboard next to the microwave. And isn't Texas in the same time zone?" She asked and he nodded.

"Fine, I just couldn't sleep. You didn't answer my question. What are you doing up so late?" He asked looking at the time, two ten am.

"Grading papers. I'm a high school teacher and I'm just going over the last worksheet they turned in." She said as she wrote down a few things.

"I can see that. You as a teacher." She raised her eyebrow. "Not in a bad way. I just think no other profession would fit you. You're definitely one of those chill teachers who doesn't care about phones and isn't uptight."

"I mean if they wanna fail I'm not going to stop them." She shrugged looking back up at him.

"Is this how you spend most nights? Grading papers?"

"Either that or making lesson plans. My life revolves around work and Cassie."

"So no one special, I assume?"

"Nope. Haven't been on a date in almost two years. Most people in Kansas don't like the idea of dating a single mother. Last date I went on the guy told me I was weak for not waiting until marriage to have sex and that it's dumb of me to think anyone will want me if I have a kid."

"Well that's stupid. If anything I think you being a single mother shows you're strong and independent. They're weak cause they can't handle the responsibilities you have."

"Thank you. That means a lot. More than you know." She smiled before yawning. "I think I'm going to head to bed. You should too, I'm pretty sure Charlie said he wanted Sam and Colby to show you guys around."

"Of course he did. Well thank you for everything you've done for us."

"It's no problem really. I'll see you in the morning."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"Evelyn, is it alright if you and Cassie are on camera?" Charlie asked as he held his phone, camera app open.

"I'm fine with it, but I'd rather Cassie not be and if she is can you blur her face?" She asked. With sam and Colby being on social media so much everyone knew who Evelyn was but Cassie was more of a secret. Everyone knew Colby had a niece and Evelyn had a daughter, but Cassie's last name was the same as her fathers. It wasn't Brock like Evelyn, so people at her school didn't even know she was related to Colby, just the high schoolers. That's why each year Evelyn would ask the classes that would meet Cassie not to take videos or pictures of her because her face wasn't plastered on every social media platform and Evelyn wanted it to stay that way.

"Alright, just wanted to make sure." He smiled before beginning his video. They walked around the small town mainly going from store to store looking at different items. Once lunch had come around they all sat down in a restaurant. Charlie still filming.

"Evie, opinion on cats?" Schlatt asked as Evelyn sat down after getting Cassie into her booster seat.

"Cats? Their cute. I like the orange ones because of their odd personalities." Schlatt high-fived the woman in triumph. They ate lunch and went back to walking around after finishing. They ended up in a park not far from town and relaxed sitting in the grass. Sam, Colby, and Charlie were running around with Cassie while Evelyn and Schlatt sat on the grass. "So, Evie?" She brought up remembering what he called her in the restaurant.

"Yeah, I hope you don't mind. I just thought it's what everyone called you." He turned to her.

"Everyone calls me Lyn but I'll allow you to call me Evie." She smiled tilting her head as she looked at him.

"Alright then, Evie." He said putting emphasis on the new nickname for the woman.

✦✧✦

Evelyn.Brock 🔒

It's apple juice I swear55 likes

55 likes

ColbyBrock
Lyn you're 26 no one will care if you're drinking wine
Evelyn.Brock
       Cole how dare you assume I would drink wine near my child

Jschlatt
Am I now apart of the cool kids club
Evelyn.Brock
       If you're on my insta yes you're in the cool kids club

KatrinaStuart
I miss you
Evelyn.Brock
       Me and Cassie miss you too