ii. girlfriend in a coma [sequel]

_______________________

part ii of 'BLEED ME DRY'

_______________________

"People never tell you how you're supposed to adjust after you die and come back. How you're supposed to feel when somebody tells you that you just died, but not really. You're a niche group of people really, you've been given a second shot and you wonder why you were given it.

"I was lucky my bodyguard came to see me at that exact minute. That he had a key. That he knew CPR. It's not some great triumph or because your body decides you're going to keep living, it's because you were in the right place at the right time. I always swore that when I died, I'd fight and I'd kick and scream and I wouldn't go gently into the night. But I did. I was so convinced I had control over that one thing. Death. That somehow I could pull the strings. I guess I'm the fool.

"I remember the last thing I thought of as well, it was to remind Axl to get more beers for the fourth of July, we weren't going anywhere, we were just gonna watch a movie, I think it was The Godfather. I remember I didn't tell him I love you on the phone, like I should have. I should have said it more, I still should. Everyone should."

// Skin of my teeth: A for the record interview with Adrianna Rose, 1995 (aired in 2019)

_______

OR: Life's shit. And yet we keep living.

_______________________

first chapter of girlfriend in a coma will be released april 23rd. thank you all so much for reading this story and enjoying my characters, i hope you continue to love where the story goes next!

for any extra information or to ever ask me any questions, i'm always happy to answer them on my tumblr @love-and rockers

xxx