AXL XV [E]

Were you happy when Levi's picked you to model for the second year running?

Of course I was, is, flattering really that they want to keep you on. They say "Hey! We think your butt looks good enough for our sales to keep selling for another year straight." Makes me feel good inside I guess (laughs).

Were you not worried that it would invite more controversy to you?

At this point, anything I do will buy me more problems or controversies or whatever, I can't escape that even I wished I could. This brand has helped me build my image and introduced me to a lot of my audience, so I'm not worried too much. People are going to hate me anyway, either for the first ad, for my fiance, for my music, just for being fucking me. I may as well keep the part that people have connected me to.

Not much worries you.

I suppose it doesn't. I wasn't even wearing a bra this time (laughs). I'm going for a new record for how many states I can be banned in, where did it stop last time nine? I'm going for over fifteen this time, baby.

Which song this time?

I'm not allowed to reveal it yet, but let's just say that...it's very fitting.

// Lead singer Andy Bernow reveals on the changing scope of music, Mind the Gap's new album and her upcoming marriage, Kerrang, September 1990

_______________________

w. nsfw, discussions of domestic abuse, child abuse and neglect 

_______________________

"You forgot your keys again!" Adi sighed as she opened the door, pushing the door back as Axl entered. He slipped his sneakers off, knocking them down his ankles without bothering to undo the laces, loose knots falling down the edges. The heavy bags in his hands dropped onto the wood.

"I knew you would be back babe," She took his leather jacket off his shoulders, a deeper chocolate one with scuffed shoulders and the stitching around the cuffs was pulling away. It had been one of his first, found somewhere in Lafayette for a far discounted price, he was probably the fifth owner of the damn thing and it had already been in bad shape the day he bought it, the lining pulled around the collar. He'd cut out the label from the back, making it even less unsellable.

Her hair was pulled back by a bandana, a red one that was no doubt stolen from his drawer, tightly knotted up around the back of her head. Her makeup was thicker than usual, her black eyeliner stained slightly under her eyes while her lipstick was smeared at the corners. She'd been gone since before the sun had risen, pulled to some random LA studio to film the ad for Levi's.

There was a certain irony that there was no denim currently occupying her body, her shirt tucked into a pair of leather shorts. It looked like one of her's, the arms correctly resting over her wrists rather than rolled up five times at her fingertips.

It was the lack of label which reminded him that the button down flannel that he was wearing was indeed his. Much like the way that Adi has slowly started picking up his jeans off the floor when she awoke, or after she realized that she'd spent too long in bed and on her eyeliner, even though he was over six and a half inches taller than her and the denim trailed past her ankles.

Even though she had her own pile of fabric, the changing hue of different blues, folded up in the closet. Her favorite was always the deep royal shade, the one that repeated itself ten times over, compared to the much paler skies of his own, the white threads shredded around the knees, and beyond.