Fang Bai pressed further, "Did you need to pick up anything else from the dorm?"

"It's already in my backpack," Ji Yuning responded evenly.

Fang Bai squinted and smiled, "You mean your phone?"

Ji Yuning said, "Mm."

Fang Bai turned her head, carrying her bag, and walked with a cat-like step, asking, "Why haven't you opened it to check?"

Ji Yuning asked, "Huh?"

Not hearing the person next to her speak, Fang Bai guessed that Ji Yuning was probably wondering how she knew she hadn't turned on her phone. 

Fang Bai walked with her head down, avoiding the sunlight, and explained, "I messaged you, but I never heard back from you."

"Waiting for her reply?"

Feeling the weight of her backpack, Ji Yuning replied, "It's distracting."

Fang Bai: "..." 

"What a perfect reason."

As they approached the school gate, Fang Bai noticed a small supermarket across the street in the nearby neighborhood and suddenly remembered the allowance she had given Ji Yuning.

"Have you used up all your allowance?" she asked.

"No," Ji Yuning replied.

Fang Bai turned her head and asked, "How much is left?"

"490 yuan," Ji Yuning answered."

"What?" Fang Bai exclaimed and said, "How did you only spend ten yuan? Did you only eat baozi again?"

It was then that Fang Bai noticed that Ji Yuning didn't seem to have any tendency towards roundness in her face or body. 

"She was still so thin and weak."

"The only good thing was that Ji Yuning's complexion had become much healthier, her lips were no longer as pale and had a slightly rosy color."

"..." 

Ji Yuning didn't understand why Fang Bai had the impression that she only ate baozi and responded coldly, "No."

Although Fang Bai didn't believe her, she didn't press the issue, since she had promised not to meddle in Ji Yuning's spending.

"You don't need to save money," Fang Bai said. "Your mother left you a lot of money."

"Okay," Ji Yuning replied.

As they walked out of the school gate, they saw the car parked a few meters away on the side of the road. 

The driver saw Fang Bai coming and immediately got out to open the car door for her.

After getting into the car, the air conditioning inside made Fang Bai no longer suffer from the scorching heat, and she couldn't help but close her eyes to enjoy it for a while.

When the heat subsided, Fang Bai opened her eyes and saw Ji Yuning with her schoolbag on her lap and her hands crossed on top of the bag. 

She sat upright, her posture identical to when she played the piano on stage.

This was the first time Ji Yuning had ridden in Fang Bai's car, as she usually took the bus home from school. 

Compared to the crowded and noisy bus, a private car was much more peaceful, quiet, and comfortable.

Ji Yuning gazed ahead, hoping the tranquility would persist until they arrived home.

However, when they ran a red light, she suddenly heard a laughter in her ear, followed by Fang Bai's elongated tone, "Are you nervous?"