[𝕋𝕨𝕖𝕝𝕧𝕖]𝔾𝕠𝕟𝕖

Comincia dall'inizio

"This has gotta be at least 2,000 years old." Nate breathed. 

"Alright. Gimme a lift." Isla spoke. Nate chuckled and held out his hands to try and boost her up. Isla struggled, clambering onto his shoulders, at one point slipping slightly so she had one leg draped over the Drake boy's shoulder and one still slipping on his knee. "Nate-" She grunted, rolling her eyes. 

"You like this position?" Nate winked slyly. 

"Hey. Keep it PG." Jeremy spoke through the ear piece. 

"Oh pipe down." Isla rolled her eyes with a chuckle. 

"What do you see up there?" Nate asked as Isla pushed off the stone lid. 

"Salt. It's just salt. They used it to store food, but I don't know why-" Isla began but stopped suddenly when she heard faint crackling. "Aw shit." She sighed. The urn burst open, sending the both of them tumbling down. Nate grabbed Isla's waist, pulling him into his chest to break her fall. 

"You okay? You hurt anywhere?" Nate grunted. 

"Thanks, Nate." She breathed, sitting up. 

"No problem." He smiled. HE sat up, their faces inches apart. 

"Let's do this again sometime." Isla whispered, jokingly. 

"Enough flirty birdies, what's going on down there?" Sully asked. 

"The gold's not here." Nate spoke, his words trailing off in disappointment. 

"Why all the tricks?" Isla wondered aloud. The two fished through, digging in the grainy salt until something caught Nate's eye. Gold peeking out of the white sandy salt. 

"Oh my god." Nate breathed.

"What?" Isla asked. Nate grabbed her hand and pulled her over to a scroll, which unraveled revealed an old ancient looking map. 

"The path to the gold starts here in Barcelona and ends somewhere over here in the east indies." Nate spoke, using his finger to trace the map. 

"It's a map. A map to the gold." Isla breathed. "Nate this is-" But her words were interrupted. 

"Give it to me." It was Chloe standing holding a gun at the two of them. A tense air filled the room and dominated the atmosphere as Isla's heart sank. Nate quickly pushed Isla behind him in means of protecting her. 

"You're kidding." Isla scoffed. 

"I'm not getting screwed over on this one." Chloe spoke, the gun still in hand. "Pick up the map and give it to me." Sully and Jeremy's frantic talking buzzed in their ears, but Nate ignored it, picking up the map. 

"Chloe, you don't have to do this." Isla spoke. Chloe's eyes softened for only a moment when hers met Isla's eyes. The quickly returned back to the cold hard stare.

"Don't. Please. Don't try anything Isla." Chloe said, almost sadly. 

"You can trust us." Nate spoke up. Chloe's cold snake eyes flashed towards him.

"You have no idea who you're partnered with do you?" She asked, still holding up the gun. "You have no idea what went down. With Sam." Nate's eyes flashed at the sound of his brother's name and Isla's heart dropped even further at the mention of Sam's name.

"What're you talking about? What're you fucking playing at Chloe?" Isla asked. 

"Ask Sully." Chloe responded.

"No. No no. Chloe, please tell me, tell us what happened to my brother." Nate begged, stepping up closer to her. Chloe dropped the gun and looked at the two with soft eyes. 

"You're good people. You two are." Chloe spoke, she turned away. "Too good." Before anyone even had time to process her words, Chloe whipped around, using the pistol to slam Nate over the head as he fell down in a heap, out cold. 

"Shit." Isla hissed. "Nate!" Isla ran over to him but what caught off guard when a crack broke the air and she was thrown back, a stinging pain on her shoulder. Chloe had shot at her. Isla gasped in pain, the bullet had just grazed her arm, leaving a non-fatal gash on her arm. She hissed in pain, looking up at Chloe.

"I'm sorry Isla. I really am." Chloe spoke. "I like you, Isla. But I learned the hard way, the minute you start to trust someone, you lose." 

"It doesn't have to be this way, Chloe." Isla hissed in pain. 

"But it does. I'm sorry Isla. In another life, we could have been best friends. Maybe even more. But it has to be this way." Chloe said her voice low and smooth. 

"Chloe- no-" Isla almost begged. The last thing Isla saw was the face of Chloe, Braddock's men, and felt the feelings of rough hands on her before she blacked out completely. 

----///----

"Nate." Nate's eyes opened as his head rang with pain. He blinked, regaining his vision and wits to see the face of Jeremy Dalton. Nate groaned and sat up, disoriented. "There ya go." Jeremy sighed, patting the boy's shoulder. "Where's Isla?" Jeremy asked his face serious and worried. Nate looked around, noticing the absence of the girl as his heart began to pound. 

"Got you pretty good, huh? I tried to warn you two about her, but you didn't wanna listen, did you?" Sully shook his head. "Now they have Isla and the map." 

"What happened to my brother?" Nate asked, starring directly at Sully. Jeremy's brow furrowed in confusion. "Stop thinking of the next lie you're gonna tell me. Where's Sam, Sully?" Sully sighed ad shook his head.

"What's he talking about, Sully? What happened to Sam?" Jeremy asked. 

"I should have told you before." Sully sighed. "Sam... He's gone." 

"No. He said he ghosted you." Nate shook his head. 

"He didn't ghost me. We went down to the captain's tomb to find the journal together. And it was there. Right where Sam said it would be. We were on our way out when Braddock and her guys caught us. They open fired and Sam got shot.." Sully explained. 

"You goddamn liar." Jeremy hissed, tears were in his and Nate's eyes. 

"You left him there to die." Nate spoke. 

"I saw a way out and I took it-" Sully tried to explain.

"So, you left him there to die." Jeremy repeated. 

"What was I supposed to get shot too? Nothing I could do." Sully spoke. 

"How could you not tell me this? Tell us this?" Nate asked, furious. 

"You never would've come with me if you knew." Sully admitted. "Sam believed there was a final piece. A last trick the 18 played. I thought maybe he sent something to you or the Daltons. I mean, all he ever did was talk about you guys." 

"You dragged us all the way out here, let us believe that my brother was alive, that we might see him again, cause you think that I know something!?" Nate spoke, his voice crumbling. 

"Yeah." Sully said. "Do you?" He asked, his eyes flashing between Jeremy and Nate. 

"Did you really just ask that?" Jeremy spoke. "MY sister is gone because of this, because of you. They have her now and she could be dead soon." He spoke angrily. 

"You said money changed people. Make 'em greedy and selfish, but I think that's just who you are. I don't think there was ever a better version of you. And I think I speak for me, Isla, and Jeremy when I say, whatever this is? It's done." Nate spoke. "I'm done. I have to go find Isla. I have to go save her before she ends up like Sam because of you." With that, the Drake boy and Dalton boy walked away.