[𝕋𝕨𝕠]𝕋𝕙𝕠𝕦 𝕤𝕙𝕒𝕝𝕥 𝕟𝕠𝕥 𝕤𝕥𝕖𝕒𝕝

ℕ𝕖𝕨 𝕪𝕠𝕣𝕜- ℙ𝕣𝕖𝕤𝕖𝕟𝕥 𝔻𝕒𝕪

"𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐋 𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐋 if it isn't the late, great, and formerly employed Nate." 

A now 22 year old Nathan stood in front of his boss after being late to his bartending job once again.

"Well, at least you got the great part right." Nate said smugly, taking off his black leather jacket. He headed up the stairs carrying a tray of an assortment of drinks. He set them down and greeted his co worker Goldie and asked her about her date. She'd been excited for it and Nate was happy to hear it went well. Nate got to work. He greeted a young blonde woman who was sat at the bar and went to grab a towel.

"s'cuse me?" The blonde woman called. Nate looked over realizing she wanted a drink. He gave a tiny sigh and walked over to her.

"Sorry, what can I get you?" He asked.

"Vodka Tonic." The blondie rolled her eyes. Nate glanced down at her wrist, spotting a shiny expensive looking bracelet. He could sell it for some good money, trade it, pawn it, give it to Isla... Before he could get distracted he snapped back to reality and took advantage of the situation.

"Vodka Tonic!? C'mon it's my first drink of the night! Test me a little." Nate said.

"Uh I dunno. A Negroni?" The blonde asked.

"A Ne-What?" Nate joked and chuckled at seeing her disgusted and confused scrunched up face.

"Kidding, the negroni. First made it 1919 for count Camilo Negroni." Nate started before launching into a short speech about the Negroni while expertly making the drink. The blonde seemed a bit amused, she was pretty but Nate wasn't interested in her. He couldn't help but think about how Isla would pass her over any day. Isla had always been special to Nate but he could never fully admit to anyone what his feelings for her were. He barely understood his feelings for Isla.

"Haven't seen you in here before." Nate stated, prepared to pretend to be flirty.

"s'not really my neighborhood." Blondie stated.

"Not your neighborhood? Where you from?" Nate asked curiously.

"Greenwich." Blondie replied uninterestedly.

"Greenwich sounds fancy." Nate said raising his eyebrows.

"Bartenders is Greenwich don't give history lessons." Blondie said.

"Well, bartenders in Greenwich don't make negronis like this." Nate replied, finishing off her drink and pouring it into the glass in front of her, satisfyingly. The snobby blonde placed down her card and left right as Nate was about to put a lemon in her drink to finish it off.

"You wanna leave it open or closed? Open probably, it's only daddy's money." Nate started to mainly himself snarkily. Seemed like something Isla would sass back with. After a while of making and serving drinks, it was near closing time. Nate took a towel and went to wipe down the outdoor tables where he saw the Blondie, taking out a cigarette.

"The cigarette. Made by Alfonso Cigarettie in in 1462." Nate stated. The blonde gave him a confused look.

"I'm just kidding I dunno who really invented the cigarette." Nate smiled.

"Your kinda weird, but kinda cute too." The blondie said, showing the slightest of interest.

"Well them I'm kinda offended but also kind of flattered." Nate grinned. The blonde cracked a smile and chuckled with him. He took out his lighter that must have been ages old.

"Here." He offered a light for the cigarette to the blonde who leaned forward with the cigarette between her fingers and lips. While trying to light it, Nate sneakily unclasped the bracelet from her wrist and let it fall into his hand, tucking it into his back pocket.  After a few tries the lighter wasn't lighting and the blondie leaned back and sighed.

"You know what, it's for the best. I've been trying to quit." Blondie sighed.

"Maybe it's a sign." Nate suggested.

"Or maybe you need to get one that works." Blondie replied.

"this old thing? oh it works." Nate smiled knowingly.

Nate went inside and began to clean up, he grabbed an empty glass that sat in front of a man in a tux.

"That trust fund ingenue... she was the right mark." The man spoke.

"Dunno what your talking about" Nate replied playing dumb

"Sure you do, your going slow playing it safe, not lifting too much at once. Stop me if I'm wrong but-"

"Your wrong. Some of use would really like to get home so and we're closed... take off" Nate said. The man didn't listen. He introduced himself as Victor Sullivan or Sully. He told Nate he had a big job coming up and needed another set of hands for it, Nate scoffed and chuckled, turing it down. Once Nate had made it clear it was a no-go and gotten the man to leave, he set down his towel, asked for a beer and sighed after the long night. Nate reached into his back pocket to find.......

No Bracelet.

A note.

Thou Shalt Not Steal!

It read. on the back was a business type card. For Victor Sullivan. Nate sighed.

"Son of a bitch."

He packed up and left to go to the intended address to get his bracelet.

A/N: I'm so sorry I had ZERO motivation to write this chapter other than knowing I'm almost to the part where I'm brining Isla back. Sorry no Isla in this chapter and it was quite boring considering I was basically just writing out the movie scene. Isla in the next chapter and I promise thing'll get more interesting soon! Sorry again please stick with I'd really appreciate it!