[𝔼𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥]𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝕁𝕒𝕪 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝔹𝕝𝕦 𝕣𝕖𝕦𝕟𝕚𝕠𝕟

Isla released a short and quick breath, still in shock at the boy- the man standing in front of her. But she would've never forgotten the eyes. Identical to hers. The look of pain, longing, happiness, sorrow and reunion mixed into the pools of blue in both their eyes. 

"Jeremy?" Isla breathed. But she knew it was.

"Hey, Isla." Her brother, standing in front of her exhaled back, voice shaking. She shook her head and pressed her palms onto her eyes which were squeezed shut in fear that when she'd open them, he'd be gone again. 
Isla looked at her brother. His heart felt so happy to see her and still so crushed, seeing her grown up and fully into an adult. Tears welled in his eyes, knowing he'd never get a re-do. He'd never get to see his sister grow up, never get those moments back. 
Nate touched Isla's shaking hand. He looked her in the eyes and squeezed her hand.

"It's okay." He whispered. With that, he swiftly walked off the balcony to give the siblings some space to reunite. Isla stood facing Jeremy. He looked almost the exact same, but older, an adult instead of a scrawny teen boy. 

The two stood in silence for a while before Isla spoke.

"I thought you were dead." She whispered, pain in her eyes. 

"Isla. I'm sorry. I'm just so sorry. I meant to come back for you. I did. I just didn't want to put you in danger." Jeremy spoke. "I never meant to leave you." 

"But it happened." Isla said, sadly. "And we can't go back. But why did you leave in the first place?" She asked. "Please, just answer that." 

"I thought they were alive. Mom and dad. I got word of it, and it spiraled into a big mess. Got told mom and dad went missing searching for some folk tale's gold, so I went in search for it too, and well, our parents. Eventually, things got messy, and I was on the run, I couldn't get back to you, because I didn't want you to get hurt. I'm sorry, Isla. If I could do it all different again, I would. I really missed you Isla, every single day. I should have been there for you." Jeremy said, sadness lacing his voice.
Isla fell silent. She'd been so confused as to why her brother left her. It was all to protect her. Always protecting her, Jeremy was always protecting his sister even if it meant it was going to hurt. 

"I missed you too. God, I missed you so much, Jeremy." Isla breathed, shakily, tears streaming down her face. She wrapped her arms around his neck, embracing hugging her brother.

"I'm so so sorry, Isla Jay." Jeremy whispered into his sister's hair, calling her by the fond nickname he'd called her since they were children, her first and middle name. Isla Jay Dalton and Jeremy Blu Dalton. Both siblings with their own unique three letter middle name. "I wanted so badly to be there for you." Jeremy said, shaking. 

"I've wanted to resent you so badly." Isla admitted, brushing her tears away. "But I get it now. And I can forgive you. Because I missed you more than I was mad. And you're my brother. And a damn good one." Isla said. Isla had a hard time trusting, but Jeremy was her brother. And she knew the Dalton sibling bond was stronger than any. 

Jeremy Blu felt a tug at his heartstrings. He'd thought about his little sister every day. And here she was standing in front of him, grown up, and welcoming him with open arms. He didn't know what to say. So instead, he hugged his sister, trying to put any words he was unable to put into words, in the embrace. All the lost time, all the love, into one embrace between siblings.

"You know I love you right?" Jeremy sighed into his sister's shoulder. 

"I love you too." Isla nodded. 

"I'm sorry I wasn't there." Jeremy said, the two pulling apart to look one another in the eyes. 

"I know you are. It's okay." Isla nodded, solemnly. "Because we have time. I mean, you're staying right?" Isla asked. 

"Magellan's gold. It's what mom and dad were searching for; it's what Sam and Nate Drake have been searchin for. Sully and Fraiser. And it's what we've been looking for. But I've been looking for you too. I want to make up for lost time, even if we'll never truly get it back." Jeremy spoke. "If you'll let me. I want to help you." He spoke.

"More the merrier, right?" Isla smiled.

"I trust you, Isla Jay. I'm taking your lead." Jeremy said. After all the years, the siblings were back in sync. Usually, it would have taken Isla way longer to trust someone in this scenario. But it was Jeremy. And Isla knew Jeremy better than anyone. So, naturally she trusted him. And he trusted her too. It was like her relationship with Nate, the trust formed was unbreakable. And it would follow them forever. 

"It's dangerous, you know." Isla stated.

"Well, if we go down, guess we go down together." Jeremy said, repeating te words the siblings used to say to each other as children when they were about to cause mischief together or do something particularly daring. 

"What a Dalton thing to say." Isla grinned.

"Hell yeah." Jeremy smiled. 

"I think we're long overdue for some catching up." Isla sighed, wiping her old tears away. 

"So, let's catch up, huh? We got time." Jeremy said to his sister. 

And so, the Dalton siblings caught up. It was if two old friends were chatting. It was if it hadn't been years of being apart. It felt like the two were catching up after only a few weeks of being apart. And for the first time in a while, Isla Dalton felt the ground settle, and the earthquake on uncertainty calm for just a bit, unaware to the fact that in a few days, maybe even hours' time, that settled calm feeling would dissolve completely, and the Dalton siblings would have to fight to stay together and to survive. 

A/N: Sorry for the short filler chapter! felt like i had to post tho. No Nate and Isla content in this one so im sorry if thats what  wanted but i hope u still enjoyed! I had to get some sibling content in a bit so pls stick with for more chapters soon to come!